Gender

(time skip 1 month)

"Poe we're going to be late." he grins running over hastily pulling on his leather jacket "Ready. How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" I smile taking his hand in mine "I'm fine, now lets go." he kisses me gently opening the front door "BB stay here." BB-8 beeps but rolls back into the little room under the stairs the the droids have claimed for themselves. We walk through the town to the medical center and Poe starts fidgeting with the hem of his jacket. Smiling softly I take his hand in mine squeezing it gently "What's wrong?" he shakes his head "Nothing, I'm fine."

I smile giving him a 'tell me the truth' look. He smiles bringing my hand up to his lips brushing them over it gently. "Just nervous." I chuckle "About what?" he shrugs "I have no idea, being a parent. All the responsibility. I want to be a good dad." I smile kissing his cheek gently "Your going to make an amazing dad." we walk into the medical center and the lady behind the desk smiles warmly "How can I help?" Poe smiles "We have an appointment under Mrs Dameron." she nods "If you would just like to have a seat."

Poe and I sit down and I lean my head on his shoulder. "So do we want to know the gender?" he shakes his head "No." I smile slightly "What do you think they are?" he shrugs "I don't know and I don't care. As long as they are healthy we will raise them to be just as amazing as their mother." I blush slightly kissing his cheek "Your amazing you know that right." he grins "I try my best." 

A nurse walks out smiling warmly "Mrs Dameron?" I stand pulling Poe up with me "Good to see you again. Are you feeling all right?" I nod "Yes thank you." she smiles "You must be the father." Poe holds out his hand "Poe, nice to meet you." she nods "I'm nurse Stevens, if you would like to follow me." we follow her to the same room I was in last time so I sit and Poe stands by my side. "Have you felt anything? Nausea? Any morning sickness? Back pain?" I shake my head "No I feel fine." she nods slightly setting up the machine next to us "Right lets check on the baby." 

I roll up my shirt slightly and she applies the same gel as last time scanning my stomach. "Alright everything looks fine, and if you look here. That is your baby." It doesn't look much different than list time but Poe is staring transfixed at the screen. "Alright I just need to run a couple more scans then if you would like to know I can tell you the gender." she fiddles with a couple more machines silence falling over the room. She turns in her chair reaching for a piece of paper that rolls out of one of the machines "Would you like to know the gender?"

Poe and I both shake our heads "No thank you." she nods "That's fine." thanking the nurse she hands us a padd filled with pregnancy advice and we leave. "We need to think of names." I nod "We need to think about a lot of things." he chuckles pressing a kiss to my temple "Yes we do."