twenty one.

jinyoung stumbled around, a bottle of alcohol clutched in his hand. it was so cold out, and he was in a t-shirt and ripped jeans, but he didn't seem to care. he was far too gone to even think about what could happen to him in the cold.

he wanted his feelings to go away, so he turned to the only thing he knew would do that, alcohol. his father was an alcoholic, and his grandfather had been too, addiction runs in his family, and he knew it was risky for him to drink so recklessly, but he honestly didn't care at the moment.

-

jackson walked down the street, his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his big jacket. he was freezing, even in all of the warm clothes he was wearing. he shivered slightly before sighing, watching his breath puff out of his mouth, that's how cold it was.

he was out on a walk after he made sure yugyeom was okay and at the hospital. the others had protested, but he really needed a snack from the convenience store. everyone else was busy comforting yugyeom, and telling him things would be okay. he had told them what happened and showed them the text he sent to jinyoung.

everyone was furious, so mad at jinyoung for hurting yugyeom so bad. none of them wanted to hear his name or see his face right now. he got on all of their nerves, he was insensitive and stupid, he never thought before he spoke and it was so annoying to all of them.

jackson looked around, and took a double take when he saw a boy in an alley, in nothing but a t-shirt and ripped jeans. it took him only a few seconds to realize that they looked very familiar, and then he was walking down the alley to spin the boy around.

he frowned when he realized it was jinyoung, who harshly pushed his arm away, a strong scent of alcohol wafting off of him. jackson simply stared at him, he was certainly not as mad as the others, and he's glad he's the one who found him cause he looks like he's on the verge of tears, and the others certainly wouldn't help.

"i'm s-sorry." jinyoung stuttered out, his eyes closing slowly before he collapsed into jackson's arms. jinyoung was shaking badly, the elder sighed and ran one of his hands through jinyoungs hair, carefully picking him up so that he could carry him somewhere less cold.

he didn't know how he was gonna explain to the others that he was with jinyoung, but he knew he had to take care of his best friend right now.