five.

"open the fucking door yugyeom." the loud knock on his door followed by jinyoungs loud and angry voice scared him. he didn't want to open it, but he also didn't want to get hurt for not opening it.

he hesitantly unlocked the door with his shaky hand, and it immediately flew open. expecting to be hit he whimpered and backed away from him a bit. trust issues truly did suck.

instead he was greeted by a warm embrace. yugyeom just started sobbing more as he himself wrapped his arms around jinyoung, wanting to feel protected and safe for once in his life.

"i'm sorry hyung, i'm so so sorry." yugyeom managed to sob into his shoulder. jinyoung frowned and shushed him. "don't be sorry yugs, you're okay, you don't have to apologize to me." his voice was soft and calming.

despite his teasing and joking nature, jinyoung cared about yugyeom, he cared about him so much. he would do just about anything to protect him, even if it put himself in danger, it was 100% worth it since it was for yugyeom.

that's why he was the one who confronted yugyeoms boyfriend, everything seemed to be going fine but when jinyoung brought up yugyeom and what yugyeom said he'd been doing to him, he got defensive.

he claimed that yugyeom was a lying whore, said he was mentally unstable and didn't know what was real or in his head. one thing lead to another and jinyoung ended up beating the shit out of him, thought he wanted to do more for what he put yugyeom through.

yugyeom knew jinyoung cared, but sometimes that was buried by the endless feeling of self hatred. sometimes jinyoung only made him more insecure about himself, and he hated admitting that since jinyoung tried so hard for him.

jinyoung always tried to make yugyeom know how much he cared, and he knew that he wasn't good at showing or expressing his emotions, but he always tried with yugyeom. tried to tell him how much he cared, and it worked sometimes, but it didn't often.

he felt like shit for blaming jinyoung on being insecure, it wasn't really his fault. sometimes his jokes went too far, pushed yugyeom too far. some of the jokes made him feel bad about himself, even if it was stupid.

"i'm sorry i'm so insecure." yugyeom muttered weakly, obviously tired from all of his crying. jinyoung rubbed his back in a comforting way. he was probably the only person yugyeom was comfortable with touching him sometimes, he trusted jinyoung a lot.

"don't be sorry bubs, it's not your fault." jinyoung responded in a gentle tone. he always knew just what to do when yugyeom was in a bad mental state, always knew how to calm him down and get him to think rationally.

"m tired, jinyoungie." jinyoung smiled softly and stood up, yugyeom jumping into his arms and wrapping his legs around his waist. you'd think that since he was so tall he'd be hard to carry but no, he was as light as a feather, a little concerning but oh well.

jinyoung waited for yugyeom to change into pajamas before helping him into bed, tucking him in and even kissing his forehead. he wanted yugyeom to feel comfortable. he turned the light off and as he was about to leave yugyeom spoke.

"j-jinyoung, can you stay?" yugyeom seemed hesitant, his voice quiet as usual. jinyoung thought for a few seconds, it was only 3pm, and he had things to do but yugyeom was more important than all of his work put together.

"i'm scared jinyoung, please stay." those words are all that he needs to walk over to the bed and slip under the covers with yugyeom. almost immediately yugyeom cuddles up to jinyoung, falling asleep fairly quickly.

"goodnight angel."