19

soon as yerim opens her eyes, sooyoung's worried expression is the one and only thing he saw in the first place. she tries to wake up but her body is aching in every parts. "don't even try." sooyoung said, helping her up. yerim groans loudly, trying her best to get a comfortable spot on the hospital mattress.

"wat- water." she asks, her throat felt like a desert —dry and very hot— sooyoung hands over a glass of warm water. the latter takes it and sips quickly. she lets out a satisfying sound when the water surfaced her throat. that was a relief. "what brings me here ?" she asks sooyoung, who then looked at her in complete devastation. she did not seemed surprised even when she doesn't know the actual reason why she's at hospital. she starts to believe that this is all the game of the shadow. at this point, she must be used to it, or it'll hurt every time if she don't.

"you stepped on glasses." sooyoung answers. she sighs, leaning back in her chair as she yawns. "and yea, this person wants to interview you." she adds, fishing the mentioned card from the jacket pocket. yerim took it and read the name on it. "Kim Seokjin ? i'm not interest." she pushes back the card on sooyoung's hand. "i'm not going to the psychiatrist sooyoung, i thought i've told you." she said. but something in her heart told otherwise. it told her to go, and have a little talk. "i don't care, you should go. you're getting worse yerim." sooyoung deadpanned.

the latter sighs, sitting straight up to sip on the warm water. "i'll think about that."

the day passes slowly as yerim's mother came to visit as well. the elder was worried sick. she came in with unconditional tears falling her eyes. as soon as she saw her mother, she saddened into her bed. this is sad. she had never seen her mother cries that worse since the day their dad left. how could she tell her mother about everything ?

right now they were all talking and laughing together. sooyoung knows how to make the situation better. she helps a lot in ensuring yerim's mother that it was just a little cold. the mother don't need to know the truth.

"oh yerim, while i was on my way here, i met a therapist."

just as sooyoung about to go get some food. the door opens and yerim's heart skip a beat. jungkook's pitch black doe eyes is the first thing she saw when the man enters her room. he was dress in grey baggy pants with oversized black shirt. the usual baseball cap covering his head.

"good afternoon." he greets with a small nod. "good afternoon. may i know who you are ?" yerim's mother ask with gentleness in her voice. "i'm jungkook. a friend to sooyoung and yerim." jungkook answers politely. "is that food ? oof i just about to leave to go get some. thank you jungkook a.k.a angel a.k.a life saver." sooyoung winks, taking the plastic bag from his hand and place it on the table.

"so is this your boyfriend ?" her mother wanted to whisper but her voice came out louder than it supposed to be. jungkook only smirk as he looks at yerim, waiting for her to answer it herself. even sooyoung was holding back a laughter. "yes, mom." she mutters slowly, looking down at her fidgeting fingers. "oh dear, i'd thought sooyoung would get a boyfriend before you." sooyoung, who was previously drinking the bubble tea jungkook had brought, almost spit it out. "what- why ?" she asks, sharing the same confuse expression as yerim. "well.. you know.. because you look flirty and thriving."

a loud, humorless laughter left her mouth as she pushes her hair back. "i've been known." yerim rolls her eyes. "me having a boyfriend had proof you wrong." she teases. "i kid you not." sooyoung huffs, "plus, jungkook probably did not know you really well yet, considering he is new in the school." she adds. jungkook clears his throat, taking everyone's attention. "sorry to interrupt, actually i've been there three years ago." he says. "ahah !" yerim strikes, laughing out loud.

"well whatever. at least being single making me feel free to do what i want. and that include flirting." sooyoung states, sipping the bubble tea she had on her hand. yerim's mother chuckles, "you all fight over a small things. everyone have their own beauty, everyone have their own specia-"

"okay mom, i think we all know that. why don't we dig in the food jungkook had brought, hm ?" she smiles innocently, as if she did not just cut her mother's words. jungkook smiles fondly, watching as yerim tries to get off bed and sit on the couch inside the room. he walks to them, placing the food on the table. "it wasn't that much, i was in a hurry and did not expect mrs kim would be here." jungkook said. the mentioned shut him up, "oh please, just call me mom next time, everyone does. make yourself comfortable with me." jungkook nods.

the evening went by with them getting along. sooyoung had felt bad for judging jungkook without knowing him first. he was actually pretty funny and easy to get along. the way he talks was gentle, a soft spoken man. even yerim's mother likes the way he knows how to create a conversations so they won't fill with awkwardness.

"i think i should send your mother home. she might need a rest after a long day." sooyoung volunteers but jungkook was quick to stop her. "let me drive her. by the time you're driving back here probably be late at night." he argues. sooyoung did not retort.

"drive carefully." yerim told jungkook as sooyoung busy chatting with her mother. "don't forget who i am."  jungkook whispers before kissing her on her cheek. yerim chuckles, almost kissing him back when suddenly her mother scoffs. she smiles shyly, whispering a soft 'i love you'

her mother walk to them to bid a farewell with her daughter. "i'll be waiting for you at the lobby." jungkook excuses himself, walking out of the room and closing the door. her mother watches as yerim did not look away until jungkook close the door. the elder can't help but to laugh at her own daughter. "you're madly in love." she comments.

a shade of pink dust on yerim's cheeks can be seen clearly, she is shy. "oh honey, from what i saw, the way he treats you, the way he talk to us, i'm pretty sure he is a keeper. whatever happens between you two, do not quit. do not give up on him. talk things out a sort it together. i trust the both of you." her mother says, kissing her forehead to end her speech. yerim nods, hugging her mother tightly. "i love you mom."

after a small talk between yerim and sooyoung, they both finally doze off to sleep. wrapping each other on the single bed. oh today was a nice day, how yerim wishes everyday would pass by like today. she was filled by laughter and joy.

there was a few encounter with the shadow as she went to the toilet, but she did not make it a huge deal. probably had throw off a few swearing words to it but it was  nothing to worry about, for now.

Author's Note

i just wanted to tell yall that i love yall so much, and thank you for still supporting and reading my book despite the late updates. i wish you all a happy life and a wonderful thanksgiving. luv, dee <33