06

it's been forty-five minutes since they sit at the cafe. all the poeple had long gone, the barista is playing with her phone while the cashier still have her work undone. yerim had finished her cakes and biscuits. her drinks still have a quarter of the cup. her gaze didn't move from the outside of the cafe. the street is already empty. the lamppost shining a bright orange to light the road for midnight drivers. from the window, yerim saw the crescent moon. it feels so close yet so far.

she is not sure if jungkook still have his eyes on her, but she can feel his gaze burning her body like a hot larva. she did not dare to look at him after what happened earlier. after jungkook told her that he knows everything about her, yerim goes speechless. she takes a deep breath and decided to let it flew away. the thought of jungkook following her to wherever she goes still creeping her up until now.

no wonder her hands often get sweaty. she had declared that she got this whenever jungkook is around. like right now, it did not sweating much but still. the first time she saw him, her heart pounding like crazy. that, she still don't have the idea why.

as her eyes roam around the streets, a shadow were spotted under one of the lamppost. she sighs deeply. now that she got the reason why her hands got all sweaty, she wonders why the shadow is always after her. is it really his dad ? if that's the case, why does it seems like it's running away from jungkook ? whenever yerim with jungkook, the shadow always lurk away, like something in jungkook scares the thing.

her head dizzy from all this thoughts. she wants a rest, right now. she wants to go home and lie on her comfortable bed. she can hear the bed calling for her. her eyes heavy and her stirring speed to her drink reduce. she wants to tell jungkook that she is tired, but she is not sure if she could face him again.

"amaranth." see ? like jungkook can sense whenever she thinks about him. like jungkook is the one who put himself inside her mind.

"i wanna go home." she whispers, looking down at her unfinished caramel macchiato. "let's go." jungkook calls, getting up and walk away. leaving yerim with her eyes wide. did he really just left me.

they walk using the earlier path. jungkook did wait for her when she got out from the door and she was thankful because she had expect the man would left her. they arrived at the shop where jungkook bought her a new clothes. he fished out keys from his hoodie pocket and pressed the black button. a beeping sound were heard and yerim look at where the source of the sound was.

there, a matte black motorbike were lonely parked on the roadside. jungkook whistles, walking to the bike and grab his helmet. "come here." he calls, as he place his butt on the seat. his feet on the ground, balancing the bike from falling. he removes his cap and yerim saw his soft burgundy hair moves smoothly as he sweeps back his hair. yerim walks to him, her eyes wide and her jaws drop.

jungkook is still a normal high school boy working at simple restaurant. no matter how long he had been saving his money, he still can't afford such motorbike. and working at Nick won't pay him much because he's just 16.

"i won a snooker game." he announced when he noticed the bewilderment in her eyes. she rolls her eyes, the excitement flow away really fast. "no wonder you have pool addiction." she mutters. he offers another helmet for her, and let go as soon as her fingers reach the helmet, it almost fell. this makes her brows furrowed deeply, but she ignores it and try to be positive.

then suddenly jungkook has his backpack on his back. yerim didn't even notice where did that come from. he told her to climb on and hold on his bag. of course it bothers her very very very much. she had noticed, jungkook has been avoiding her touch a few times now. what's wrong with his skin ? why suddenly afraid with sin ? that he made a promise not to touch any girls. no, that's bullshit and so unlike jungkook.