12

yerim opens her eyes slowly. her vision is blurry but she is sure this is yet, another empty, dark room. she sighs, trying to sit up straight.

she is tired of the same dream over and over again. someone hurts her, jungkook helps her, she goes back to the dark room, and the last thing was jungkook fighting with the shadow man yerim couldn't tell who he is.

it is always the same. it felt so real, like she is in the situation. she can fell her body movement, her heart aching when the shadow man starts to hit jungkook who sat up on the wooden chair, tied with chain that has blue-ish smoke all over it.

but something isn't right this time. she woke up not on her bed. she wasn't sweating and most terrifyingly, her clothes had changed. she looks around, confirming her bearings. there was a television hanging at the end of the bed. a single couch and small coffee table. a bathroom and balcony.

a hotel room ?!

she gasps loudly when the sound of the bathroom door were heard. she looks at the direction to see a man getting out with wet hair and towel around his neck. dressed in black polo tee and grey sweatpants, the man lifted up his face to greet her with a sly smirk.

"jungkook !" she calls angrily. "what did you do to me ?!" she pulls the blanket up her shoulder as the latter slowly approach the bed. "i don't know... you guess ?" he teases, sitting at the corner of the bed. "stay away." she stands up quickly, taking the night lamp on the night stand and throws it to jungkook's direction.

but nothing happen

wait...

did she just imagine that ?

"what are you doing to my mind ?!" she yells. jungkook sighs softly, massaging his temples as he laughs sweetly. "i didn't do nothing." he answers. "i didn't change your clothes. i asked the receptionist girl to help with it." he explains, approaching her closer. she tries to inch back but she can't.

"amaranth, listen."

she sits there silently, blanket still up her shoulder. "what is it ?" she queries. "you aren't human."

she chokes on her own spit. "bullshit." she comments, "stop being ridiculous jungkook. you're not making any sense." jungkook sighs, finally sitting right in front of her. she was still speechless, not knowing what to do with that information.

she wanted to laugh, it was too nonsense. but she wanted to cry, because the one who being ridiculous is jungkook. that one handsome man sitting beside her in science, so fucking hot despite full with tease. and she wanted to hit him, hard on his chest. simply because he made her goes wild and lied to her. "not human my ass." she whispers.

"take off you clothes." he demands

"what the fuck !"

before yerim could protest any any worse, jungkook managed to hold on her hand. "i'm not going to sexual harras you. i'm just showing you something." he assures. yerim had been confirmed. she trusts him, not knowing how or why should she trust him. he just said something stupid yet yerim still can't believe that, right now and then, she is slowly taking off her clothes.

yerim puts the top beside her, pushing the thick comforter off her shoulder to show jungkook her exposed upper body. only her bra is covering her breast. "turn around." jungkook orders. she turns around, her back facing him.

"is it okay if i take this off ?" he asks, touching her bra straps. yerim nods slowly, covering her chest with her own bare hands. jungkook unclip it, letting the cloth loosen but not taking it off. "here it is." he mumbles alone.

"you feel anything when i touch this ?" jungkook asks. yerim shakes her head, feeling nothing but his soothing touch. so warm and so addictive. "you are aware of this mark on your back right ?" she nods to the question. "i've got that since my birth." she explains.

jungkook sighs, why can't she feel anything ? the receptionist girl had told her about this mark behind her back. did jungkook just chose the wrong person ? but she had the same sign as his girl. she felt the cold breeze running up her spine as he called her 'amaranth' and she have the same eyes. jungkook is sure yerim is his girl.

"you have any mark looking like this ?" he tries to ask. his heart starts to beat madly when yerim nod. maybe this is it. "it was on my ankle too." jungkook nods, waiting as yerim clip her bra and put on her shirt on. she pushes the comforter off her body and wasn't surprise to see her legs wrapped with knee-length shorts.

"here."

jungkook moves to touch it. before his hand could reach the mark, yerim hold his wrist. "will it be hurt ?" she asks. jungkook shakes his head. "no, you'll be just fine." he gave her an assuring smile. the mark looked like a splatter, orange reddish in color. then his fingertips brush on the mark.

yerim open her eyes, adjusting her view to the light. she was, in a middle of a stadium ?! dressed in shorts and simple top. everyone is looking down at her. weirdly the crowd was in silence, not even a breathing can be heard. she stands up, not caring about how she dressed.

she felt like her heart had stop beating, her palms sweating terribly and her eyes pouring fresh tears.

is that me ?

she asks herself. what she saw was incredible. there was a man, standing on a small platform with two bodyguards beside him. then she saw herself, kneeling in front of the man. blood tears streaming down her swollen her. pleading for something yerim couldn't guess. and then,

jungkook

he was tied on a chair. the same vision as her dream except, they wasn't in the dark, tormenting room. the metal chain with blue-ish smoke, the naked upper body and ripped pants. his back is bleeding.

"kim yerim !" the man yells, making yerim stumbles back in surprise. "tell me your feelings towards this man." he orders. the crying yerim sniffles in fear, not daring to look up as she answers, "i love him."

but the older man doesn't seem to accept the answer. he inhales deeply, "what did you do to her ?!" he asks loudly, turning to the tied up jungkook. "i show my love towards her." unlike the crying yerim, jungkook had managed to answer bravely. he gritted his teeth, embracing the painful of the chain. "i love her. i love her so much." he said.

the crowds starts making noises, throwing various things to jungkook and crying yerim. "no wait !" yerim —the real yerim with shorts and top— yells, running to herself and covering her. but the things goes past her and hit on the helpless girl in front of her.

"jungkook ! tell them you didn't love me ! we are nothing !" the real yerim yells, but jungkook didn't even look at her. "hey !" she screams. again, no one seems to listen.

"your wings had been ripped. now you want my daughter to be banned from this place too ?!" the old man points to his back. that's when yerim notice, blood streaming down from his back. it was an upside-down V on his back that produced the blood.

"no !" he interrupted. "let me alone take all the punishment !" he dare to say. the older man didn't bother with it. "kim yerim." he calls, now that real yerim saw the disappointment in his eyes. yerim saw sadness and embarrassment. "you were my daughter." the crying yerim gasps, the whole crowd does too.

"i am now giving you the same punishment as the others. as long as i'm still breathing, you are no longer allow to step on this planet. you will be sent into abandonment, walking alone for thousand of years without food, drink or any other supplements. you will be trapped in your own mind without realization of how long have you been walking."

"no !" jungkook calls out loudly. "reverse the order, let me take all the punishments !" he begs, looking down sympathetically.