prologue

[official trailer🔝]

on a deserted planet, far, far away from earth, lies a girl with thin material wrapped around her petite body. her fragile self had been walking for how long she could not catch up. what she knows is that she never have ways to go back to where she belongs. she was abandoned, forbid to leave the lonely planet,

the planet is always drowsy, but it was not peaceful for her. it is tormenting. nobody ever lives there, not even weird alien creatures. the cloud is dark, looking like it will rain sooner or later. but for how long she live there, no single drop of rain ever fell on her face. the heat is like an april breeze. not too hot and not too cold either. there is never water, or foods. that what keeps her feel the heat stronger due to dehydration.

her once thick clothes were torn away from her body, by herself. it is too hot here to wear any piece of clothing. but she still have the feeling of embarrassment , so she keep the thinnest piece of clothes to wrap her tiny frame.

"this place sucks."

hearing the unfamiliar voice of a man, her head quickly cranes everywhere to find the owner of the voice. no one in front of her eyes. when she turns around, she saw a tall man. dressed in decent clothing —wood-color velvety boots, a pair of loose-fit jeans and black tee-shirt hidden under his matte black leather jacket— she raised her hand to cover her eyes from the loud wind. her palms are sweaty but that is not the case for now.

the man wears a baseball cap to cover his hair. she can tell his hair color is burgundy due to some that peeks out from under his cap. she offers him the sweetest smile she ever gave to anyone. "you're here." she says in between panting. now, all the tiredness hits her after walking for almost a century.
the man's dark brows curled together as he looks up the girl. "first time visiting ?" she ask, offering a nice and slow conversation.

the man ignores her and keep walking forward, the girl now left behind. "wait." she calls, halting the man from his steps. "where are you going ?" she asks with sparkling eyes. inside, there was hopes and a little excitement to see that she is no longer alone. "away from here." he replies short.

before he can continue walking again, the girl falls on her laps. the sudden tiredness and starvation hits her like bullets. her lips are pale and her skin is salt white. she don't know what is happening but she can't control what she is doing. it's suffocating her due to the hunger and crave for rest.

the man offers a hand to lift her up, which she then graciously take the offer. "i'm sorry." she breathes out in desperation. the man shakes his head and caress her beautiful features. there was a spark on her skin he touched, making him quickly pull away. "does it hurt ?" he ask, concern. he makes sure every skin he touch were covered with her clothes. "n-no." the girl tells.

a single tear dropped from his pitch black pupils eyes to the soft skin of his cheek. hitting the small, almost invisible scar on his skin. she force herself to lift up her hand and caress his cheek, brushing her thumb on his scar. it was so smooth. despite the sparks keep lighting small fire between the uncovered skin, she didn't mind. she just wants to wipe away his tears, and he just wanna hold her close to him.

"i'm sorry." is all he managed to say after a few miles of carrying the girl in his arms. she had told him that she can walk, but the man refuse to let her go. "what for ?" she asks with a small chuckles. her forefinger pokes the flesh of his cheeks. "for leaving you." she pulls herself up to reach his lips and gives it a simple peck. he was bewildered, of course, did not expect it is coming. "it was the past. now you're here, just stay longer than before alright." she announced, pinching his cheeks. "i will." he only says. "you promise ?"

"i've promised."

my first ever jungri book ! check on instagram (@btsrvddaeng) for the book cover
watch trailer on youtube :
https://youtu.be/P6lpzcZNDW0