Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

"Definitely hot." I nod in agreement. Noah and I high five.

"She's funny, too," Katia says. "Really sarcastic and unapologetic. She'd fit right into our friend group."

"Sounds like Dylan's dream girl," Jasper states. "If he liked Thalia, he's probably into the mean ones."

"Fuck off." Thalia says.

Katia laughs, "babe, did you not listen to her? She said 'I'm in an all girls school so I guess it's not that bad. There are a lot of pretty girls in uniforms.'"

"Is that supposed to mean something?" Jasper's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

"It means she's gay, dipshit," Thalia snaps at her brother. She wears an apologetic expression, "sorry, Lauren's got me really fucked up."

"Understandable," Jasper accepts her apology. "Since you just got dumped, I'm giving you three days before I start making fun of you again. Cherish my kindness."

"Hey, Brielle!" Katia calls out. Her friend looks up, tilting her head to the side. "When's your shift done?"

"As soon as you guys fuck out of here," Brielle replies, knowing that we were the only people in the parlour. "I've literally cleaned everything already, I just have to lock the doors."

Katia wears a mischievous smile on her face, which is so unlike Katia I can't help but stare, "how would you feel about going to a party?"

❀ ❀ ❀

It's half past midnight and Brielle has already been hit on three times. We had only just walked into the party, but that didn't stop any teenage boy. It seems as though Hunter's party has no intention of dying down soon.

Brielle had changed out of her work clothes into high waisted jeans and a black top, letting her hair loose around her shoulders. She had a dangerous look in her eyes that called for attention, daring anyone to approach her.

"Are you feeling better?" I ask Thalia.

She pours herself another drink and looks up at me with slight amusement, "still not great, but definitely better. Thanks, D. You have always been there for me. I appreciate it."

Thalia pours me a drink and we tap our red plastic cups together, before taking a hearty swig. We make our way back to our friends, who were all laughing at something Damon said.

Katia then introduces Brielle to everyone and Alyce is immediately wary.

After the short introduction, Katia and Brielle go to the backyard to play some pong. Alyce crosses her arms and taps her foot impatiently. "Why would you guys bring someone prettier than me here?" Alyce huffs.

"Aw, come on, Aly," Damon says with a grin. "Life would be shitty without pretty girls. It's my lifeline."

Alyce ignores Damon and instead turns to Hunter, "you don't think she's that hot, do you?"

"Yeah, babe, you look great," Hunter says absentmindedly, looking past his girlfriend and to the glass sliding door where Brielle was currently standing. He unapologetically checks her out.

Boys exhaust me.

Alyce elbows him in the stomach, "quit looking!"

"It doesn't matter," Hunter wheezes out, clutching his stomach. "Didn't Kat say she's into girls?"

"So?" Alyce argues. "She's still a pretty girl!"

Alyce and Hunter continue to bicker while the rest of us split off. Noah and I end up on the patio, looking out at the beach below. The cool breeze smelt of salty water and fresh air, giving me the much needed moment of relaxation.

"What do you think of Brielle?" I ask Noah tentatively. I couldn't help it; when someone that pretty is brought to everyone's attention, it's normal for a girl to be slightly worried. It's not that I don't trust Noah, I just knew what it was like to have beautiful people distract your mind.

"Are you jealous?" Noah asks, smirking slightly.

"No," I deny quickly. "I'm just curious, that's all. Especially when all the guys at this party feel the need to point out how hot she is."

Noah's hand meets my chin, tilting my face in his direction. "Hey, I love you."

I feel myself relax into his touch, feeling the doubt and jealousy vanish from my body, "I love you, too."

Noah leans down to kiss me, and just like that, all my worries melt away.

He pulls away with a devilish glint in his eyes, "shots?"

I nod in agreement. "Shots."

A/N: mAyBe ShOtS wIlL bE oUr AlWaYs. Sorry.

Short chapter and a bit of a filler but I just needed a way to introduce Brielle. She's not a huge, vital character or anything but she helps bring some closure.

For those who forgot, Dylan is Lauren's older brother who liked Thalia for a bit. Again, not super important but he brought conflict forth.