Chapter Seven

Adventure and danger can be good for your heart and soul.-Amy Pohler

One of my favourite places to be in is a café. It doesn't matter which one, so long as the warm smell of coffee floats in the air along with freshly baked pastries. Cafés have always been the perfect place for reading, studying or drawing.

Which is why after the cleanup, I find myself craving nothing more than a cup of coffee. As Noah turns on the car, his stomach growls. He looks my way sheepishly and I chuckle at the noise.

"You want to get some food?" Noah asks as he shifts the car into reverse. "I haven't eaten anything except a granola bar."

Now that he mentions it, my stomach feels pretty empty too. "Yeah, I could go for some coffee and a muffin."

A couple of minutes later, we arrive at a small café not far away from Thalia and Jasper's place. It is cute and homey, with wooden panels painted white and a lovely view of the city.

It isn't a very big café and it is snuggled between large, corporate buildings, unintentionally keeping the café a hidden gem. People seem to walk right by it, as though it is invisible. The occasional businessman or woman would walk in to buy a small coffee, but they never really stay. Noah finds that it is a great place to people watch, as the people that do come in are either always in a rush or dressed to tens and those who stay seem to be as comfortable as they would be at home.

Noah and I order our food and coffee, which he insists on paying for. I slide a bill across the counter for the cashier. She is laughing at our banter while she takes my bill without Noah noticing.

"It's on me," He tells the cashier. "I'll pay with debit."

The cashier hands me my change with a small smile. "She's sneaky, keep an eye on her."

Noah's jaw drops as I pocket my change and sit down at the table by the windows. Noah huffs and he sits across from me. "I'm paying for the next meal."

"If you insist," I roll my eyes. "It's not a big deal, Noah."

Noah grins innocently and asks in a joking tone, "how else am I going to get you to fall for me?"

"You think I'm going to fall for you because you pay for meals?" I shake my head, laughing as he smirks slightly. "As much as I love food, it takes a little bit more than just food to make me fall in love."

Noah tilts his head slightly to the side as he leans back in his chair. "Guess I'm going to have to figure you out, then."

"I'm an open book," I reply honestly. "If you want to know anything, just ask."

The cashier comes and gives us our muffins and coffees. We thank her and Noah turns back to me, "What's your favorite movie?"

I raise an eyebrow. That's the first thing he wants to know about me? "My favorite movie?"

Noah nods. "You can learn a lot about a person based on what they love."

I ponder on the thought for a little while. I don't really watch too many movies, but there are a few that I do love a lot. "10 Things I Hate about You." I finally decide, nodding.

Noah shrugs nonchalantly. "Never seen it."

"You've never seen it?" I ask in disbelief. "We have to watch it. It's a classic teen romcom."