XVI

Rewrite The Stars • Zac Efron, Zendaya

"You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through
I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all"

Two days later

"Angel, I know that you want the shoes, so just get them." Mel and Amora were spending the day shopping in San Francisco, it was Mel's idea to bring Amora out of the house seeing as she was still upset about her father's behavior.

At the moment they were having a disagreement about spending habits. As they drove to the mall, Amora spotted a Yves Saint Laurent store, which Mel decided to bring her there. Which led to their argument.

"Mel! No! That's an unnecessarily high price for a pair of shoes, I'll just get another one." Mel didn't listen to Amora, he knew that she actually wanted the shoes, but she didn't want to seem greedy.

The shoes were magnificent of course, but Amora couldn't bring herself to let Mel buy them for her. They were crystal encrusted YSL boots, but they were $10,000.

"Angel," Mel said with a stern look. He wanted Amora to have everything her heart desired, and her heart desired the shoes, but she didn't want to ask for them. "I'm going to buy you these boots, do you know why?" Amora sighed. She didn't want him to spend $10,000 on her.

"Because you want me to be happy."

Mel's eyes lit up at his beautiful angel, she would have to get used to him spoiling her.

"Yes, that's all I want. And I saw the way your beautiful eyes lit up at the sight of them, I want you to forget about the price, and just let me make you happy." Amora cracked a smile, she couldn't deny Mel.

"Okay, buy them." She said with a huge smile on her face.

Mel winked at her and went to pay for her shoes.

Walking hand in hand out of the store, Amora gave Mel's hand a little squeeze which made them both smile. They loved times like this when nothing was keeping them apart.

"I really love you, Mel." Mel gave a captivating smile and pressed a kiss on Amora's hand. "I really love you too, angel."

A few hours passed, and the happy couple was now shopping in BOSS, Amora wanted to pick out some clothes for Mel, which of course he agreed to.

"I think this shirt makes you look handsome, Mel. You're definitely getting this one! Now I want to see that shirt with those pants." Amora was being a fashion coordinator, and while Mel didn't like everything she brought out, he actually liked some of them.

Walking back into the dressing room, Mel tried on the last outfit Amora gave him. Walking out, Amora gasped. "I love it! Okay, we're done here!"

After checking out, Mel and Amora decided that their shopping day was over.

"Thanks for today, Mel. I needed a stress reliever." Mel waved Amora off. "No need to thank me, Angel. I wanted to spend some time with you before I leave." Amora hated the word 'leave' when it came to Mel, she wanted him to move to Los Altos and be with her.