X

What Hurts The Most • Rascal Flatts

"What hurts the most was being so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was trying to do"

The next morning, Amora felt like she'd just gotten hit by a bus.

Walking to her vanity, what she saw spooked her. She had tear marks etched on her face, her face was red, her eyes had a crust on them, and she had dried snot on her lips.

Cringing at the sight, Amora cleaned herself up. Even though she missed Mel terribly, she couldn't let herself look like a trash can.

After taking a shower, Amora let out a squeal of horror as she walked out of the bathroom. "One day you're going to give me a heart attack!" She screamed at Chanel, as she tried to catch her breath.

"Hello to you too! I missed you best friend! Let's go to the country club!" Chanel went through Amora's closet and picked out an outfit and threw it on the bed.

"Chop chop! We don't have time to waste!" Amora complied with her best friend's demands, she missed her so much.

Once Amora was dressed, they drove to the country club, and low and behold, Valentine was there speaking to her father.

"Ugh, that man is always here!" Amora said frustratedly. Chanel laughed. "Of course he is, your dad wants y'all to be together. Robin Jean will stop at nothing to finally be successful with his matchmaking."

Amora sent a light punch to Chanel's stomach and rolled her eyes. "Must you always be so infuriating?" Chanel smiled brightly at Amora.

"Yup! Watch this. Robin! I come bearing your prodigal daughter!" Chanel said with such enthusiasm.

Amora was going to kill her.

Robin and Valentine turned at the sound of Chanel's voice. Robin smiled widely, his daughter was finally home. Arianne told him about her heartbreak earlier that morning, so he set up a date for Amora and Valentine.

"My sweet girl! I've missed you so much!" Robin said as he spun his daughter in his arms. Pressing a kiss to her cheek, he let her go.

"I missed you more, daddy!" Amora loved her father, despite his constant matchmaking. Speaking of matchmaking.

Valentine spoke up. "Amora, how have you been?" Amora was surprised, Valentine wasn't undressing her with his eyes today. It was actually kind of pleasant.

"I've been great, I finally got some time away from the film, so I came home." Chanel was surprised that Amora was holding an actual conversation with Valentine without glaring at him.

"That's wonderful! It's great to see you again." Valentine knew exactly how to prepare for their date later, he was so close to wooing Amora, all he had to do for now was act like a "gentleman".

Robin smiled at the pair, Amora would forget about the mystery man in Santa Fe, he didn't even deserve Amora. Valentine did. "Well, I know that you just got back, but I was thinking that you and Valentine could go out for lunch," Robin suggested with a smile.

Amora didn't want to go at all. Just because Valentine stopped openly being a creep, that didn't mean he wasn't still one. All she wanted to do was be with Chanel, and try to forget Mel.

Robin looked at Amora with hopeful eyes when she didn't answer. "I guess that would be okay." She didn't want to let Robin down, and even though it wasn't Chanel, Valentine could take her mind off Mel.