XV

Because You Loved Me • Celine Dion

"You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you"

Mel entered the Jean household with his usual look, cold and uninterested. All he wanted was to see his love, nothing else mattered to him.

Across the room, Valentine spotted Mel when he walked in. "What is that old tool doing here?" He asked himself, he was annoyed.

Mel was welcomed by a short brunette lady with big curly hair. "Welcome! Enjoy the party!" Mel glanced at the lady and walked away silently.

The music was booming just like it was at the New Year's party, now Mel was waiting for his angel to make an appearance just as she did at the New Year's party.

Making his way to the bar, Mel sat and waited for Amora.

"What can I- Oh wow! Isn't this crazy!"

Mel raised a brow at the loud man and laughed to himself when he saw who it was.

"Don't you remember me? It's me, Henry! I was at the last party!" Mel knew exactly who it was, unfortunately, he could remember faces.

Mel blinked at Henry, he didn't want to scare him seeing as he gave information about Amora to him at the New Year's party.

"I remember you. You were the one who told me about Amora. Very helpful." Henry smiled at Mel, he was so happy that the celebrity remembered him.

"So, you want any more information? I heard that she was seeing some dark-haired man." Henry was trying to be helpful, he idolized Mel.

Mel raised an amused brow at Henry, he knew that already.

"Oh, really?" He said with a smirk. That smirk soon turned into a smile, his angel was finally here. And she looked completely flawless.

Mel wanted to surprise her again, so he walked right behind her and bumped into her on purpose.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" Amora was embarrassed at her clumsiness, she didn't mean to bump into the man, but she was so busy looking for Mel.

"It's fine my angel." Amora's head snapped and she squealed wrapping her arms around his neck as he hugged her. "Mel!" Even though they'd just seen each other, Amora missed Mel immensely.

"You look exceptionally beautiful," Mel said with a dashing smile that made Amora melt.

Amora smiled and stared into his dark brown eyes. "Thank you. Are you ready to meet my parents?" She asked breaking from her trance.

Mel didn't feel the need to be nervous or unsure of himself before meeting Amora's parents. Their opinion didn't matter to him, he only cared about Amora.

"Yes, sweetheart. But are you ready? Remember, if you feel nervous or you just don't want to do it, we don't have to."

Amora shook her head profusely, she needed to do this.

As Amora led Mel to her parents, Henry sat back and watched with a smile. "That lucky son of a gun. Of course, he's the man." Henry laughed to himself.

"Mom, Dad, this is my boyfriend Mel." Amora practiced as she looked for her parents with Mel in tow. "That won't work!" Stopping them from walking, Mel places his hands in Amora's.