IV

Daydreamin' • Ariana Grande

"So, I'm daydreaming
With my chin in the palm of my hands
About you,
You and only you.
Got me daydreaming
With my chin in the palm of my hands
About you,
You and only you."

-

Two weeks later

Los Altos, CA

"Yeah, I just got the itinerary for the shoot, it says that I'm flying to Santa Fe this Monday and we start shooting that Tuesday," Amora said with a huge smile and excitement coursing through her body.

A response came from her mother, who was away on a business trip. "That's amazing, I'll be back in time to see you off!" Arianne's voice rang out.

Amora smiled at her mother's words, as she continued to read the itinerary.

Flight to Santa Fe, NM from LAX 8:30 A.M. Monday, January 21, 2019

Landing in Santa Fe, NM 12:10 P.M.* time subject change* Monday, January 21, 2019

Arrival at Filming Location, Bailey Ranch, 12:40 P.M.*time subject to change* Monday, January 21, 2019

Her eyes stopped at the shooting location, curiosity struck her. "Ma, I'm gonna have to call you back. Love you!" She said in a hurry, opening her laptop Amora searched for the Bailey Ranch on Google.

The search results came up, she scrolled down a bit to see more information, and maybe the picture of the owner. It read, Melchizedek Bailey, but as Amora's luck would have it, her best friend Chanel came like a bat from hell, scaring Amora.

"HEY, my love!" Chanel screamed with a mischievous smile, making Amora raise a brow.

"What on earth is wrong with you? You just don't show up in someone's bedroom like a maniac." Amora was slightly agitated, Chanel was such a pest at times, even worse than her twelve-year-old sister, Raina.

"Whatcha looking at? You looked very deep in thought." Chanel could always read Amora like a book, so she knew something was up.

Chanel grabbed Amora's laptop and raised a brow. A quick gasp came from Amora, but Chanel ignored it and continued to snoop. "Ooh, looks like someone is a stalker." She sang in a purposely annoying voice.

Amora's eyes widened as she tried to explain herself, "W-well I was, I just wanted to know about who's ranch I'd be staying on! It's not like I was trying to see if he was attractive or something." She was flustered for sure because she knew how Chanel could get.

Chanel, on the other hand, had to hold back her laughter. But she soon realized that Amora still didn't know that Melchizedek was the man she danced with.

This ought to be fun, She thought with a slightly mischievous look.

"Oh, well Melchizedek is an older man, maybe in his late forties. He was an actor in the eighties and nineties, he was a major heartthrob. Now, people say that he's a bitter recluse of a man, and some say that he's never fallen in love because he could never communicate his true feelings, you know other than anger and bitterness. Other than that, I'd say that he's pretty normal." Chanel finished with a smile, she knew that her friend would be shocked to the core when she found out that she danced with Mel.

"Let's go to the country club, we can go ruin some games of golf." So the girls left for the country club, but Amora was slightly haunted and even more, intrigued by the description of Melchizedek, she couldn't help but feel for the man.