85.

Steve laid pretty low throughout the day. Him, Jonathan, and Nancy stayed in that classroom until the bell rung for first period. Steve basically ran to his first class to avoid people in the hallway. Same when he went to his second and third. Now it was his lunch and he was sitting in the cafeteria with Jonathan and Nancy.

"Has anyone said anything else to you?" Nancy asked. Steve shook his head. "A couple of people asked me about it. I told them it was a lie."

"Thanks." Steve gave her a small smile. "I just want this day to be over already, you know?"

Jonathan put his hand on Steve's thigh under the table where no one could see and gave it a squeeze. Steve looked at him and they smiled at each other for a moment before the three continued talking.

They stopped when they saw that Tommy and Carol were walking over. They were obviously still together because Tommy has his arm tight around her shoulders. Nancy rolled her eyes before standing up. "What do you want?"

"Hey there, princess." Carol said, knowing the nickname got under Nancy's skin. "No need to get feisty with us. Just wanted to say hello to the happy couple."

As soon as she gestured to them, Jonathan moved his hand off of Steve's leg. Tommy laughed as he removed his arm from around Carol's shoulder. "I wouldn't call them a happy couple, babe. Not with the shit going around about them."

"Oh, the shit you spread about Steve because you were feeling insecure about the size of your dick?" Jonathan said as him and Steve stood up. Steve's eyes widened. He wasn't expecting that from Jonathan. None of them were. Nancy bit her lip to hold back a laugh. "That shit?"

"You know you're pretty brave, Byers." Tommy chuckled. "Considering I literally just told everyone your little secret."

There it was. The answer to the question the three teenagers had been asking all day. Not only did Tommy tell everyone that Steve cheated, but he told everyone about Steve and Jonathan as well.

"You're disgusting." Nancy said to Tommy. Carol quickly stepped in front of her.

"You better watch yourself, princess." Carol tried to sound intimidating but there was nothing about her that intimidated Nancy.

"Or what?" Nancy inched closer to Carol. "What are you going to do? You gonna get the cheating piece of shit you called your boyfriend to spread some rumors about me too? Huh? You don't scare me. So how about you and Tommy fuck off? How's that sound, princess?"

Carol didn't move for a moment and neither did Nancy. She was up close and personal in Carol's face and was staring her down. Finally, Carol backed off. Tommy put his arm back around her and they went to walk away.

"Have fun with your boyfriend, Harrington!" Tommy yelled behind him, making sure everyone in the cafeteria heard. "You two sure as hell already did at that party of yours!"

A lot of people now had their attention on them. Some people were laughing, some whistling. The same feeling Steve felt in the hallway earlier that day came back over him. Jonathan noticed and went to grab his hand but Steve pulled it away. He quickly grabbed his bag and ran out of the cafeteria. He didn't hide in a classroom this time. He ran straight out of the school and to his car. He didn't care if he got caught and got in trouble. He couldn't be in there anymore.

When he got into his car, he didn't pull out of the parking lot. He didn't start the car. He just sat there and processed the events of the day.

He heard his phone ding and he looked down to see KIK notifications popping up on his phone.

Jonathan 📸: are you okay??

Jonathan 📸: where are you?

Jonathan 📸: did you leave?

Jonathan 📸: it's going to be okay.

Steve didn't respond. Instead, he threw his phone into the back of his car. He knew Jonathan's intention with that last message was to make him feel better. But all it did was make Steve burst into tears.

ehhhhh idk how I feel about this chapter I may go back and touch it up before too long idk