18.

Jonathan stood at Steve's doorway, fist resting on the wooden door as he contemplated whether he should knock or just turn around and go home. He could just text him and tell him he got sick and couldn't come.

Jonathan lowered his hand, shaking his head and whispering to himself. "No, that's ridiculous."

He didn't understand why he was so nervous, or even just nervous at all. He was just going to hang out with his friend, not go on a date with him or anything like that.

Jonathan was finally about to knock when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He took it out to see a kik notification.

Steve 💯: hey, you almost here?

Jonathan 📸: actually i'm already here.

Only a few seconds after Jonathan hit send, the door opened and there was Steve.

"Hey." He said, breathing heavily.

"Hi." Jonathan said, noticing the boy's heavy breathing. "You okay? You look a little out of breath."

"Oh, I ran to the door." Steve answered, casually. "I didn't want to leave you waiting out here for too long."

Jonathan raised his eyebrows, a small smile playing on his lips because of Steve's excuse. "How thoughtful."

"Yep. Anyways," Steve gestured into his house. "Come in. Ma maison est ta maison."

Jonathan followed Steve inside, closing the door behind himself. "You can speak French? I'm impressed."

Steve nodded confidently. "Sí."

Jonathan couldn't help but to burst into a fit of laughter, causing Steve to frown and furrow his eyebrows in confusion. "What's so funny?"

" is Spanish, dumbass."

Steve's eyes widened for a second, but he quickly began to play it cool. "Pfft, I knew that. I was just showing off the many languages I'm capable of speaking."

"Okay, whatever you say." Jonathan raised his hands in surrender, still laughing. "So, where's the rest of the band?"

"Oh, yeah." Steve scratched the back of his head. "Turns out they made other plans and had to cancel. I forgot to tell you. I figured we could still hang out though, if you want to."

"Yeah, that's cool with me."

Steve smiled, happy that his plan worked.

Truth is, there wasn't supposed to be band practice that afternoon. Steve just wanted a reason for Jonathan to come over.

HOLA I know this is a short chapter, but the next chapter will continue with them hanging out, I just decided I wanted to end this specific chapter here lol. Also, sorry it took so long for an update.