Chapter 5

"Ally oop!" I hear after awhile and see someone land on the roof near me. I look and see Spider-Man.

"Spider-Man," I say waving a bit. He tilts his head and takes his mask off to reveal Peter.

"Stella?" He asks confused. "What are you doing up here?"

"You don't just watch the city go by you?" I ask him in response to his question.

"No I do. I do that here," he says pointing to the roof. "That's why I'm surprised to see you." I sigh and look over at Avengers tower in the distance.

"Do you like being an Avenger?" I ask him. He sits by me and fixes his hair.

"It's not bad," he says. "It's more fun when we are all together. Like fighting Thanos or something," he says quickly.

"Thanos?" I ask.

"Yeah he's the one that caused the blip. We call it the snap cause all he did was snap his fingers and we all disappeared," he explains.

"Do you remember disappearing? Did you feel it?" He nods his head.

"Yeah, um," he pauses. "I felt a lot of pain. Like in my chest. Everything started to go dark and I felt like the whole world was doomed. I felt like I had failed for letting him win," he pauses. "Mr, um, Mr. Stark was there and all I kept telling was I didn't wanna go. I didn't know where I was even going," he explains.

"You must have known him pretty well huh?" Peter nods.

"Yeah, after my Uncle died I didn't really have a father figure," he looks down. "Mr. Stark was the one who made me an avenger. He gave me this suit," he says looking at his mask. "He believed in me."

"That's why you want to be Spider-Man," I say softly. He looks at me. He almost looks like he is going to cry.

"Being a superhero, being Spider-Man, is the last thing I have to connect with him," he explains. "I have great powers, and with that comes great responsibility." I smile a little, but it fades quickly.

"You shouldn't have that responsibility though," I say looking back at him. "You're a kid Peter," I say. "A smart kid, but a kid."

"I've grown up a lot," he says defensively. "I've gotten a lot better. I've been to space!"

"Peter," I say putting my hand on his without thinking. We quickly notice and pull away and scooting away from each other. He clears his throat.

"Um, anyway, my aunts probably worried so. I should," he goes to get up.

"Peter," I say standing up. "I'm sorry about Mr. Stark," I say. "And I didn't want to go either," I add. He looks at me confused. "I was, um, at the pep rally. Having a normal conversation with Betty and the last thing I thought was I hope my dad is okay," I say.

"Was he?" Peter asks. I nod.

"He didn't blip. He said my funeral was even sadder because no one came," I say.

"Do you suck that much?" He asks. He gets a shocked look and covers mouth with his fist. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that," he says.

"No it's fine. I don't suck that much. Everyone that blipped seemed to be all the people that would show up to my funeral," I say. We stand awkwardly for a few moments. "Or I do suck that much," I say trying to break the tension. He smiles laughing a bit.

"I better go. Gotta save the neighborhood," he says putting his mask on.

"Wait Peter," I say as he's starting to leap off the building. "Um, Flash is having a party on Saturday at his house. He gonna make a fool out of himself and I think MJ might have a good laugh from it if you two want to come," I say. He nods.