Jeshua - Chapter 20

We arrived back in Nazareth after many days of traveling, meeting new people, talking about God, and upsetting some of our fellow brothers and sisters along the way. I was sure the truthful seeds of the Father, alongside our messages of forgiveness, that Mary and I had sown were starting to sprout.

Today was a day of rest for us. Mary and I had risen early in the morning so that we could get our prayers and meditations in before the sun came up. It was always such a pleasant time to join with God, well before the world of bodies rose for the day.

We then went through our typical preparations for the day—making a light meal and discussing what we had seen over the course of our journeys. I often looked into Mary's glistening eyes and allowed myself to be taken in by her beauty. I liked to sneak a kiss or two in while she talked to see if I could get her to forget what she was talking about. She never forgot. She was so aware that there were moments I would wonder if she was even from this planet. Of course, I would remember that she was extremely well connected to spirit. With that kind of connection, you could know anything.

We decided it would be a great idea to go into town with Thomas, Isaah, Thaddaeus, Phillip, Stephen, and Peter. Eight seemed like a well-rounded number, and it was the largest table at one of our favorite public meal houses. We could spend hours talking, slowly noshing and sipping away at a mix of water and wine.

Mary seemed pleased with our decision. This would give us an opportunity to fully enjoy ourselves and go even deeper with the teachings, if we so desired. This particular small group of friends got along and seemed to understand the principles of what we were teaching. Thomas and Peter could surely get the group laughing when they got going. I liked to fuel their fire as well. If you cannot laugh in this world, then it's a sure sign that you are taking everything way too seriously. The false world is one big joke to begin with.

Mary went off to speak with Thomas, Isaah, and Thaddaeus, while I wandered down the street to see if Stephen and Peter were available.

I was walking down the road, making eye contact with the few people who were out and sending thoughts of them being spirit, when I saw Phillip, Stephen, and Peter rounding the corner together.

"What miraculous timing, my brothers. I was just going to meet with each of you."

"Rabbi, that is fortunate. We were going to look for you to see if you wanted to join us for evening meal today—and of course Mary as well," Stephen said, outwardly excited to hear he was being sought out.

Peter added, "There were some questions we had because of what you taught on our last trip. Hopefully, we would not be imposing."

"Of course not, brothers. This is the perfect day for a smaller bunch of us to get together. I hope you are not opposed to some laughing as well," I said with a playful smile.

"I would think God would want us to suffer, right, Rabbi?" Peter answered sarcastically.

"Now you're talking, you guilty bastard. Come on. Let's join up with Mary, Thomas, Isaah, and Thaddaeus," I replied, putting my arms around the men.

Peter laughed and said, "More guilty bastards. I cannot wait!"

Our foursome made its way down the street, with grins that added more light to the morning sunshine. The few people we encountered along the way also lit up and enjoyed our good cheer.

Mary and her gang were gathered inside Thomas and Isaah's home when we arrived. Thaddaeus had already come by to have morning meal with them. This tight group is getting even tighter. Minds are joining, and hearts are singing, I thought, pleased at how the day was starting.