Mary Magdalene - Chapter 19

We had just arrived in Ashkelon off of the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. We spent many weeks on the road mostly walking and talking as a larger group and stopping in smaller villages and caravans along the way.

Ashkelon was still a conservative city and so the men and women had split off to talk about God, forgiveness and how to view the world from a new perspective.

Our reputation was proceeding us and there were several dozen women who had come from surrounding villages to hear me speak. Jeshua may have had bigger crowds, but that was because listening to a man was more accepted. These women that came to see me were the bravest women I had ever known. They risked ridicule, abuse from their husbands, or violence from the men in their villages just to listen to me speak.

John usually stood guard for us with at least one of the other men in our growing group while I spoke. John could be very foreboding when he wanted to as he typically towered over most men. He also rolled up the sleeves of his stole and garments to expose his enormous forearms. He looked as if he could break a tree in half without breaking a sweat.

There was quite a buzz amongst this particular crowd as I sat at the head of the alcove in the home of a friendly couple that had invited Jeshua and I to stay with. I was seated on a small, wood carved stool while the women piled into the room and sat on hand-sewn wool blankets or grass woven matts.

I was connecting with Mother and my heart swelled from the connection and a lazy tear ran down my cheek from time to time. I could feel many eyes on me as more women filled the room in a respectful silence. I could hear apologizes as women were stepping over each other and making room.

I eventually opened my eyes and was surprised to see an over-packed room. Women were literally sitting on each other's laps and also stood lining the walls of the stone alcove.

John poked his head and nodded signaling that all of the women were now in the room.

I nodded back and then beamed at the gathering of women. I made sure to make eye contact with each beautiful woman who journeyed to hear me speak. I was greeted with many smiles, some grateful tears, and a few women who averted my gaze looking down at their folded hands.

"Let us pray to Mother," I spoke softly and then closed my eyes. "Mother, we are blessed by your love and grace. May all minds be healed by Your love and may we have the strength to include You in all thoughts and forms of our actions." I sighed and then opened my eyes.

I scanned the room again and saw the women smiling and could feel the Holy Spirit entering and filling the hearts of those in the room and out into the village. We are safe, I thought.

"Strong women of God. You have been called here because your hearts and minds are ready to be healed and to remember your home with Mother. You are welcomed and embraced with Her love." I took a moment to look through the crowd again. There was a healthy mix of smiles and some tears. One woman mouthed, 'Thank you,' with a slight nod in my direction.

I smiled, took a conscious breath in and out, emptied my mind and thought, Holy Spirit, come. In that moment I could feel my heart fill up and a slight buzzing sensation at the top of my head. I imagined this energy moving through my body and down into the earth and that this energy was in a continuous loop from heaven, through me and into the earth.

I was instantly inspired to request the group to hold hands. I enjoyed the smiles as each woman shared looks and linked hands.

"This is how Mother holds you in Heaven. Not one of you is separate or not connected. Take a few moments to feel this physical connection and then imagine that this is Mother connecting to you through your heart."