Jeshua - Chapter 15

Dozens were gathered outside of Jerusalem. We had been drawing many crowds, especially as we passed through the larger cities. The crowds were growing too big for me to be able to speak and be heard by all. We placed messengers among the crowd every thirty yards or so. They would repeat every word I said until the back of the crowd was able to hear. Most were orators or actors and enjoyed being accurate and loud. This was a slow process, which is why speeches to large crowds were fairly short.

An older man in the front asked, "You seem to not place importance on the material goods of the world. Why is this so?"

"My brother, what you think you see is nothing more than a dream. So why place so much value on a valueless world?"

"Rabbi, what you say confuses me so and, if I must be honest, makes me angry. I have worked hard to build my flock, and what you say is that my work and my property are meaningless?" The old shepherd slammed his hand down, disrupting dirt into a swirling cloud.

"All with good ears should listen." I paused to let my words spread to the back of the crowd.

"God is like the sun, constantly shining, giving love and warmth." I paused again as this was the basic length I would speak and then wait.

"It is you who have turned your back to the light and have decided the shadows you see are the real world." Whenever I waited, I enjoyed looking into the faces of the crowd and remembering who each one really is: Spirit.

"You got so engaged with thinking God created the shadows that you eventually thought that you are a shadow. Then you interacted with other shadows. Some you love. Some you hate. Meanwhile, you forgot who you really were and where your home was."

Not surprisingly, many in the crowd began talking among themselves. Beards were scratched. Many shook their heads in disbelief. Several men pointed at me, spat on the ground, and walked off—a very typical response to my messages.

"My brothers, forgiveness is remembering that the world you see with your eyes is but an elaborate set of shadows that you created. Release these images to the Holy Spirit to heal. Remember that your brothers' and sisters' shadows are really Spirit and at Home with God. Then, keep remembering to turn back to the light. God is."

As I walked away, the crowd broke out in wild conversation. Many minds were opened that day, and several others were shut even harder. And so is the way of the collective mind. I forgave this and joined with my Father.