We continued to talk about random things. It felt nice to be with my family. We never really spend time together like this. Having Sage next to me made it ten times better.

When we all finished eating, Sage and I went to my room. I lay down on my bed and Sage sat on the edge.

"Princess..." She looked down at me and hummed. "Do you really think I'll be a good father?"

"Of course I do." She grabbed my hand and held it on her lap. "I wouldn't dream of anyone else being by my side through all this." My heart skipped a beat and I pulled her down on top of me. I caressed her cheek and stared into her beautiful brown eyes. I traced her pink lips and she took in a breath. She leaned closer until our lips met. I felt pure intimacy through the gentle kiss. When she pulled away, she kissed my cheek and rested her head on my chest. "Your heart is racing."

"Because I'm with you."

"So cliche," she giggled.

"It's true." I poked her sides and she squealed. She pushed herself up and glared at me. I stared at her innocently. "What?" She rolled her eyes and I poked her sides again. She bursted out laughing as I tickled her. She was laughing so hard that she was holding her stomach and trying to breathe. I stopped and wrapped my arms around her, holding her as close as possible.

When she stopped giggling, I placed my hand below her chin and kissed her. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too."

———————
Sage's POV

When Ryder and I headed to my house, I could sense that he was nervous. He kept his eyes focused on the road. I wanted to ask what was wrong but I don't think he wants to talk about it. I have a feeling that it has to do with his grandma asking me if he'd be a good father. I know Ryder is worried that he'll mess up and, more than anything, I think he's scared that he'll be like his father. There's no one else in this world that I want more than him. I need him to be next to me when I have the baby. I need him in my life.

We pulled into my driveway and Ryder opened the door for me. He helped me out of the car and wrapped an arm around my waist as we approached my house.

"Are you ok?" I asked as I looked up at him. He nodded but I could feel his tense muscles. "It's ok to be nervous, Ry." I stood in front of him and grabbed his hands, pressing them against my stomach. "I'm nervous too, but I feel much better knowing I have you with me."

He pressed his forehead against mine and hugged me.

"What are you two doing out here? It's cold outside!" my mother exclaimed. Ryder jumped and I giggled. "I'm sorry if I scared you." My mother could barely contain her laughter. She motioned us inside. "I hope you two are hungry. The food is almost done." She disappeared into the kitchen.

"I'm so hungry I could eat a horse," I said.

Ryder chuckled, "I'd love to see you try."

I punched his arm. "I bet I could! I'm eating for two." He didn't saying anything after that.

He and I went to the living room and sat down on the couch. My father was in his chair watching football.

"How's the game?" Ryder asked.

Before my dad opened his mouth, I got up and said, "I'm going to go see if mom needs any help in the kitchen." I did not want to listen to them talk about football. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom pulling a turkey out of the oven. "Need any help?"