Chapter 104: The Encounter

Once Amy was done talking to her master, she looked over at Arri and Thana who were sitting at a table with her at a restaurant in the town.

While Damien and Vlad went back to the mountains to prepare for the ambush on the Orcs, the girls decided to stay behind. The girls were still mad at the Behemoth, also known as Terra, for harming their master.

Although Damien has forgiven Terra now that it's his familiar, the three girls couldn't forget and forgive so easily. Just being about the Divine Beast would cause them to hurt it.

Anyway, Amy stared at her two companions. They were both eating right now, so their faces were preoccupied with food.

"We have trouble," Amy told them in a serious tone.

The two girls stopped eating and looked at Amy in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Thana asked after she swallowed her food.

"Master just called me through telepathy. He warned me about a group of people looking for us."

"Really?" Arri said. "Who are they?"

"Five of them are unknown to us, but there are two that Master recognized. It was Vanomore and Reiko, the two people that were hunting master before."

At the sound of those two names, the Spider Queen and Empress of Death started to look grim. It seems that they were now after blood.

"Then, what are we waiting for?" Arri smiled demonically. "Let's go greet those fools who tried to harm our master."

"I agree." Thana sadistically smiled as well. "Maybe I'll see that dragon woman too. I've been itching for a rematch."

As the two powerful beings stood up, Amy stopped them before they proceeded.

"Enough. Master told us that the group split up. Four of them went to where Vlad and Master are while the other three stayed in the town. Our job is to keep the three enemies in the town from entering the mountain."

"And we're just supposed to let Master and Vlad take care of the other four? You must be joking." Arri half-heartedly laughed.

"It was Master's orders. Besides, he and Vlad can take care of themselves. Plus, Terra is also there, so they'll be okay." Amy tried to assure them.

"But still! The fact that Master is fighting without me is depressing!" Thana complained. "I want to kill people with Mast-Ufgh?!"

Thana's little outburst was attracting some people's attention towards them, so Amy stuffed her mouth with a piece of rye bread. She got angry at Amy but finished her bread before she could say anything.

However, Amy beat her to the punch.

"Stop spouting out such nonsense in public, little girl."

"L-little?!" Thana looked offended. "I'll have you know that I'm over a couple thousand years old!"

"And almost as old as this world, so that makes me far older than you, which in turn, means I have the right to call you a little girl."

Thana tried to make a clever comeback but was left speechless. She just sat in her chair and sighed heavily.

Seeing how things are getting out of hand, Arri raised her hand to speak.

"S-so, did Master tell you who our opponents looked like?"

"Yes. Three females; one with red hair, one with grayish brown hair, and the last one with short leafy green hair. They should be in a group, but those are the things that stand out the most."

"Hmm, I see. Then I think I've already found them. There." Arri pointed behind Amy where a big panel window was displayed showing the outside town.

Both Amy and Thana looked out the window to see their enemies. Three girls with the exact description Damien gave them.

Amy and the other girls glared at their foes. It seems that the three enemies didn't notice them, so they wanted to take this chance to catch them off guard.

Amy signaled the other two to get up and walk outside. They planned to follow them until they can get them alone.

Since Damien's orders were to keep the people out of the way, they needed to deal with the three enemies in private. Luckily, Amy had an idea on how to do that.

Once the other girls and she left the restaurant, Arri and Thana went the opposite direction of where the three female opponents were, while Amy followed the three.

As Amy followed the three targets, she did her best to stay hidden. Thanks to [Hide Presence], she's doing well, but she'll have to deactivate it soon, so she can catch their attention.

It seems that the group is just carefully wandering the town. They looked around as if they were looking for something specific.

Fortunately for them and Amy, they were about to get what they wanted.

After following them for a bit, the targets were finally in an area with barely any people in it. Once Amy confirmed that there was no one other than her and her enemies, she stopped using [Hide Presence] and faced them.

The three girls turned to look at Amy. They were confused at first but soon got the picture.

"Is this some kind of ambush?" The girl with grayish-brown hair asked.

"That depends," Amy smiled. "If you call confronting you in a place with fewer people an ambush, then I guess you could call it that."

"Ooh, I like this one," The girl with red hair grinned. "Sharp-tongue fighters are always the most entertaining to fight."

"Well," The girl with leafy green hair pulled out her bow. "If it's a fight you want, then you'll have it." She then nocked an arrow and aimed at Amy.

"Too bad there's only one of you and three of us," The girl with red hair laughed.

These fools, Amy thought to herself. They have no idea what they just got themselves into.

Amy couldn't help but smile, which surprised the three girls. Two of them even shivered when they saw that devilish grin.

"You say there's only one of me, but that's where you're wrong." Amy then brought her hand up and made a chant. "[Gate]"

Suddenly, a portal appeared below the three, and they fell in. And Amy just casually walked over to the portal and jumped through it with a skip.

She and the three targets were now in a forest a couple miles away from the town. Waiting for them was Arri and Thana who were already prepared to fight.

Arri had some of her webs out so she could wrap up her prey, and Thana had her giant, menacing battle axe out, ready to slice any of the three girls that came near her.

"Oh, my~ It looks like our new friends have arrived." Arri stared at her new toys.

"Good!" Thana spun her battle axe around. "Let's see how these three can entertain me."

The three female targets looked at Amy and the others in both surprise and concern. Amy walked over to Arri and Thana and then glared at their enemies.

"Now then," She grinned. "It's time we showed you what happens when you cause trouble for our master." 

Author's Note: 

Catfight!!! 

...That's all I have to say about that. 

Anyway, that's all for now, so let me know how you think of this chapter. 

See Ya!