Chapter 46: Rosethorn

Since we were on the hunt for the mysterious crypt, we decided to ask around the Inn to see if anyone knew about it.

Unfortunately, none of them knew about it. We even added that Thorny Rose, but we just got the same results.

This was getting tiresome as it is. In more ways than one since that voice won't shut up.

Help me!

See! I've been hearing the voice a lot more than before, and my head was aching like crazy.

I'm not sure how long I have before I lose my mind. We need to find some clue as to where this crypt was, or I'm not going to make it.

That's when one of the people at the Inn made a suggestion.

"If you're looking for some mystery crypt, then go check out the adventurers guild. They might have some information about what you're looking for."

An adventurers guild, huh. I guess that's where we're heading next.

I asked for directions to the adventurers guild, and we soon headed off.

While we were heading to the adventurers guild, the voice was getting louder and louder.

Help me! Help me, please! Somebody, help me!

It just kept echoing in my head nonstop. I'm not sure how much more I can take.

"Damien, you okay?"

"Master?"

Both Amy and Vlad looked at me with concern.

"M-maybe you should sit this one out, Damien. You don't look so good."

Vlad could be right. I could barely see where I was going.

My vision was blurry and I felt like collapsing on the spot. It feels like my head was spinning.

While we were walking, I stumbled a bit and fell down.

"Damien!"

"Master!"

Crap . . . This isn't good.

I can't . . . think straight.

Everything was slowly turning black. Next thing I knew, I saw nothing but black.

-Vlad's POV-

"Damien?! Damien, are you okay?!" I was shaking Damien who just passed out.

Amy was trying to wake up Damien too, but she was more shaken up than me. This was the first time I saw her like this.

Crap, this isn't good! We need to get him back to the Inn.

I quickly picked up Damien with all I had. He was a lot heavier than I expected.

"Come on, Amy. We need to get Damien to the Inn."

"R-right!"

So, Amy and I rushed Damien back to the Inn. While he was resting, we were trying to figure out what to do.

It seems like the voice was getting worse or Damien wouldn't have ended up like that. That means we need to find the source and stop it.

We were told that if we head to the adventurers guild, we'll likely get some information on what we're looking for. For now, we should head there to get some info.

And by we, I mean just me. When we got Damien to the Inn, Amy hasn't left his side since.

She was just sitting next to his bed, waiting for him to wake up. This was definitely new to me.