Chapter 21: Where Trouble Awaits

Despite my massive blunder with getting caught using appraisal, I made sure that never happened again.

My solution was using [Hide Presence]. This skill was actually pretty rare to this world.

[Appraisal] was also pretty rare, but what makes [Hide Presence] so rare is because there was already a skill that's weaker and more known than it.

This skill was [Stealth]. Like [Hide Presence], [Stealth] allows the user to hide his or her presence, but it's still detectable if you have [Detection].

With [Hide Presence], not even [Detection] can find you. That's why this skill is so rare and less known.

With [Hide Presence], I'll be able to stay undetected even with [Detection]. There's also another reason.

It seems that I'm also emitting a huge amount of mana. If someone with [Detection] saw this, they would see the massive amount of mana pouring out of me.

That's probably what that magician girl saw when she used [Detection] on me. That in itself was a huge problem.

Apparently, from what Amy told me, my mana was at the level of the Demon King. Considering how strong that guy's supposed to be, I'm going to be in huge trouble.

So, I activated [Hide Presence] and kept it on. Since this skill doesn't consume my mana or anything else, I can keep it on for as long as I want.

This is good because I can't let the same incident happen a second time. I need to be more careful from here on out.

If I don't, who knows what'll happen next.

Still, though, I get the feeling that something bad is going to happen despite being so precautious.

I need to get out of this town. Only then will I be able to get rid of this weird feeling.

I say that, but right now, I was roaming around the town. I still have a couple days left in this town, so I should gather information.

One of them being what the next town is like and how do we get there. There was also another reason.

It seems like I was being watched. I don't know who it was, but there was more than one person watching me.

What the hell is this? If you got something to say, then say it, don't just hide like a coward.

Seriously, this is turning into a real pain, you know?

To make things worse, I ran into a very troublesome group.

"Oh, it's you," Blondie muttered as we encountered one another.

Yeah, it was the same group that talked to me this morning.

This isn't good. After my first encounter, I immediately have another one?

"Sorry, I'm busy, so whatever it is you want, I can't help you."

I need to make sure that I make as little contact with these people as much as possible. Any more contact will only cause trouble.

"A-actually, we're here because there's a slight problem that involves you," Blondie blurted out.

"Whatever it is, it doesn't concern me. We'll be going now," Saying this, I instantly rushed off.

Unfortunately, that damn blondie was too persistent to ignore.

"This is a serious matter! We can't let you walk away so easily."

What the hell is that suppose to mean?

Wait, don't tell me that the little green-haired girl told them about me checking their stats. If that's the case, then I really need to get out of here.