Chapter 82: Nowhere is Safe

After leaving Zemmi and the others, we were back at the Grayhaven Town.

As those guys said, this place was completely abandoned. When I used [Detection], there was not a single sign of life here other than the three of us.

Geez, I didn't expect this place to be so barren. Well, since there's no one here, we don't have to worry about other people.

After that fiasco in Breumore City, I wasn't all that eager to go to a place full of people. Although, we're going to need supplies to survive on so we're gonna have to head to at least a town to stock up.

After that, we need to find a place where no one can find us. Would a dungeon work?

I mean, if we go deep enough, we'll be at that point where no one will be able to get to us. The only problem is the monsters.

We could easily take them on, but it'll be a pain to constantly keep fighting them. Even when they die, they'll respawn and we'll have to fight them again.

For now, we should worry about supplies like food and clothes.

We'll also have to change our appearance again. Especially Vlad and Amy.

Man, this is really becoming a real pain in the ass.

Amy looked pretty tired after using a portal to get us away, so she'll need to rest up. Actually, all three of us need to get some rest.

I still haven't fully recovered from my berserk mode before, so I'm still pretty exhausted. In fact, after using [Intense Blood Lust] again, I was really tired now.

For now, we should all get some rest. With no one in this town, we should be fine, but we still need to deal with vampires.

When I thought about that, I used [Detection] again and tried to search for any vampires or monsters in general in our vicinity.

There didn't seem to be any close by, so we were in the clear for now. Just in case, I made sure that Arri and Raven were out so they could patrol the area while we rested.

After about a day or so of taking it easy, we started to come up with a plan for our future.

Since we're likely being hunted down, staying in villages, towns, and cities are not safe. Unfortunately, they're the only settlements that have everything we need like clothes and food.

Luckily, Amy had a solution to that.

Since the problem is that I'm a Child of Zerris and also Zerris's Champion, we just needed to find a place that didn't believe in Zerris or the other gods.

Yeah, apparently, there are places that didn't worship or even believe in Zerris and the other major gods. They seem to worship their own deities which also exist.

Multiple gods from multiple cultures and beliefs. This would definitely work in my favor.

In fact, there was an island that had a bunch of people with black hair and none of them were children of Zerris.

"Is that even possible?" I asked Amy when she told us this.

"It is, master."

"But, I thought only children of Zerris had black hair."

"That's not exactly true. It's not much the appearance but the presence of the Child of Zerris or Champion. The people in this world just came up with that farce because black hair is rare and coincidentally appears to only happen to children that Zerris gifted."

Part of me wants to say that it couldn't be a coincidence, but I kept myself from doing so and allowed Amy to continued.

"So, where is this place?"