Chapter 5: Defeating The King Snake

-David's POV-

So, this is how I die, huh?

After my weapon shattered to pieces, I knew I was a dead man. To make things worst, [Perseverance] gave out of me, so I was defenseless.

That tail whip was painful. And crashing into that tree.

With [Perseverance], I can raise my stats up and all damaged inflicted on me was reduced by thirty percent. If the skill was still active, the pain wouldn't be so bad.

I'm pretty sure that I got a concussion, and I was bleeding all over the place. While I was working through the pain, the Basilisk slithered over to me.

The others tried to protect me, but they were all pushed away. It seems like I was its only concern, huh.

As the Basilisk got closer, it started to open its gaping maw, ready to eat me alive.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I hope someone kills this thing before more people get hurt.

As I accepted my fate, I stopped struggling to move and allowed the monster to end my life.

Just as I did, a figure appeared in front of me. He wore strange clothes and gave off a dangerous aura.

But the one thing that made him stood out was his hair.

It was . . . Black.

There's only one thing that has black hair and gives off a dangerous aura like that.

It was the Child of Zerris.

"Y-you . . ." I tried to speak but couldn't.

The figure turned around to look at me.

"I suggest you take it easy. That attack did a number on you." He told me.

After that, he turned and faced the Basilisk. The Basilisk got angry and charged at him.

"Let's see how tough you really are, you overgrown lizard!" He shouted as he rushed at the Basilisk.

The Basilisk tried to eat the Child of Zerris, but he jumped out of the way and pulled out a sword. He then tried to slash it, but his attack was deflected.

That's to be expected due to its scales. A Basilisk's scales were hard enough to protect itself from the strongest sword.

Not only that, but magic doesn't work either due to its [Scale Armor] skill which allows the Basilisk to block all forms of magic except Master and Godly magic spells.

"Tough bastard, aren't you?" The child of Zerris muttered while stepping away.

The Basilisk glared at him and did another charge attack. The child of Zerris then used fire magic on it.

It was the [Fireball] spell. Not only that but he shot multiple fireballs as well.

All of the fireballs made their target but did next to nothing. It did annoy the monster though since it was a lot angrier than before.

"Geez, that [Scale Armor] skill really is something." The child of Zerris kept dodging the Basilisk attack as he spoke.

The monster then tried to tail whip the child of Zerris.

"[Air Walk!]" The boy chanted and started running in mid-air.

The Basilisk responded by spraying green liquid out of its mouth. When some of the liquid hit the tree, there was a hissing sound, and the tree started to burn.

It's using its [Acid Spit] skill. That stuff can easily melt your entire body.

As the Basilisk kept shooting its acid at the Child of Zerris, he kept running around in the air. The Child of Zerris jumped up and made a chant.