Chapter 2: The Game-like World

While we were on our way to the village, I decided to ask Amy a few questions about this world.

From what I've learned, Raemia was a fantasy based world with magic and monsters. Also, there were other races aside from humans.

There were Elves, Dwarves, Dragons, Beast-folk, and more. I also found out that the races are at war with each other.

I remember Zerris telling me about that War of the Gods thing, but since it didn't involve me, I didn't really care much.

At first, I thought that I was involved in that war because I was supposedly going to be Zerris's Champion. That is until I was told that Zerris only chose me because I was interesting.

So, the reason I'm in this world wasn't because of this stupid war, but the fact that Zerris found me amusing. I'm not sure whether I should feel flattered or not.

Anyway, once I got a little more information about this world, I decided to change the topic and talk about Zerris's blessing. That's when I learned something interesting.

When I asked Amy about the Blessing, she told me to check my skills on Status Menu.

From what I know about skills and statuses, I think she's talking about something from a game. Like your level, class, age, and other stuff you would see in a video game.

I was a little intrigue, so I asked how I can access it. Amy told me to say "Self Appraisal" to see it.

"[Self-Appraisal]" I chanted, and immediately after, a status window appeared in front of me.

Name: Damien Crow

Race: Human (?)

Age: 14

Class: None

Level: 1

STR: 1,000

DEF: 1,000

AGI: 1,000

RES: 1,000

Skills: [Appraisal], [False Status], [Detection], [Hide Presence]

Special Skills: [Zerris's Blessing]

Titles: [Child of Zerris], [The Dark Champion], [Other-Worlder]

This was what was shown to me. I was amazed by how similar this was to a video game.

After looking at my status for a little bit, I came to an understanding of my current abilities.

Right now, I was currently level one. I guess that's to be expected since it would be uncanny if I started out with max out level or something.

(AN: This is a call back to my original story because Damien was at max level.)

I was a little curious about why my Class was [None], but I'll leave that for later.

My current stats was something that I was not expecting, though. Since I was level one, I thought that my stats would be ten or fifteen.

So, this was either the average stat for beginners or this was probably due to Zerris's blessing. Speaking of which, I noticed that I have something called a Special Skill.

It was called [Zerris's Blessing]. At least it's straightforward.

I didn't exactly know what this Special Skill was capable of until I looked at its description.

[Zerris's Blessing]: A blessing from the Goddess of Darkness. Allows the User to break the laws of this world. Levels and stats are faster to raise, skills can be obtained with a single action, User has all magic abilities, and the user was resistant to all status ailments.