Chapter 45: A Troublesome Quest

After waking up from that astral-dream, I got out of bed and woke up the others.

Once they were awake, I told them about my dream of the crypt and the talking sword.

"So, you dreamed about a talking sword, and you believe that it's calling you?" Vlad summarized.

You know, when you make it sound like it, it makes me think that you believe I'm crazy.

During our conversation, Amy was in deep thought. It looked like she had something on her mind.

"What's up, Amy?" I asked her.

"Hmm? It's nothing. I'm just thinking about your dream."

"Do you have any clue as to why I had the dream in the first place?"

"No, but it seems like we can't leave this alone. You told us that you were hearing a voice, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Then the voice won't leave you be until you give it what it wants."

Yeah, I kind of already came to that conclusion.

Help me!

I heard the voice once again and flinched.

"Damien?"

"Master, are you okay?"

Both Vlad and Amy looked at me with concern.

The voice was stronger this time. This isn't good.

It was a lot louder than before, to the point where my head started to ache. If it keeps that up, I feel like my heads gonna explode.

"Alright, since we have to look for this talking sword, we need to find out where it is," I tried to shrug off the noise while I focused on the objective. 

"Yeah, but all we have is some mysterious crypt in a grassy plain."

Vlad had a point. There's probably a lot of crypts close to the city.

I'll need to be specific. That's when I remembered something.

On the entrance of the crypt, there was a logo of some kind that showed a thorny rose with blood. Maybe we'll be able to find the crypt faster if we know that.

Hopefully, the people around this place will know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, we're going to be at this for a while.

-At Dawnmore Castle-

They're finally here.

After a while, the rulers' most trusted companions have finally arrived.

"Man, it's been a while since I've last been to the human kingdom. It sure has changed."

"Hmph! Let's just get this over with. I need to head home and be by my sister's side."

"What's the matter, little elf? Homesick already?"

"Shut it, dwarf!"

"My my, I didn't expect such hostile behavior. Then again, you dwarves and elves always had a grudge against one another."

As expected, they were being a very rowdy bunch. Standing in front of King Allen was the rulers' most trusted allies.

The first one to arrive was a girl about eighteen or nineteen years old with long dark flowing red hair that went down to her waist. She wore a brown leather jacket, combat boots, and dark brown military-style pants.

She was also wearing a red torn up scarf around her neck. One of the ends was hanging off on her chest.

Upon closer inspections, she had what looked like a sword made entirely of bone. The bone sword resembled a katana with what appeared to be a row of teeth poking out of the back of the blade and had a red strap around the handle.