Chapter 61: The Nether Labyrinth

So, long story short, we were allowed to take on the Quest for the Nether Labyrinth.

The Dungeon was located a couple miles north of the city near a mountain range. I think it was called Calecord Mountain?

It didn't really matter to me either way. Taking this quest will get us stronger, so that's my only reason for doing this.

Anyway, after an hour or so, we finally arrived at Calecord Mountain. The place kind of reminded me of the Himalayas.

I've never been there, but I saw some pictures and a few videos of the place. It was pretty nice.

There were a bunch of mountains surrounding the area, and it was a little chilly. It wasn't cold enough that we would need thicker clothing, but the chilly breeze did feel nice.

As we explored the mountain range, we finally found the Labyrinth. The Labyrinth was actually inside the mountains.

There was a giant double door with ancient words on it. I was curious about what it said but decided to ignore it.

"You guys ready?" I asked the others.

"Yes, master."

"Ready when you are, Damien."

[I'm fired up, master!]

It seems everyone was in agreement.

Saying nothing else, we marched over to the giant double doors and opened it up. There was a loud and ominous creaking noise when it opened, but none of us was unnerved by it.

We then stepped inside the dungeon and started our quest.

Like the Rosethorn Crypt, we were introduced with stairs leading us down. It was a little dark, so before we descended, I used [Light Ball] to give us a little light.

While we were going down the stairs, I was using [Detection] to see if there were any enemies. So far, there weren't any, but I did detect someone nearby.

It seems that they were using [Conceal]. Thanks to [Detection], though, I was able to sense them.

A spy? That seems a little odd, though.

Then again, considering how we became adventurers, it's not all that weird to find out that we're being watched. Regardless, whoever's spying on us is going to be a real pain in the ass.

I could just take them down now, but I thought of a better idea.

Let's see how far this spy can keep up with us. Catherine said that the strongest S-Rank Adventurers had trouble getting past the thirteenth floor in this dungeon.

Let's see how far the spy will go until he reaches his limit. I'm betting that he'll give up somewhere around floor ten or a little less.

After making my decision, I kept a close eye on the spy and continued down the stairs.

A little while later, we finally got to the first floor. And on the first floor, we found our enemies.

They were . . . Slimes?

Standing in front of us was a cubed, blue jelly-like slime. It was slowly moving towards us.

Was this thing even a threat?

I was a little curious, so I checked out its status.

Name: None
Race: Slime
Rank: C
Level: 22
STR: 1,000
DEF: 2,987
AGI: 955
MRES: 2,000

Skills: [Digest], [Melee Resistance]

Special Skills: None

Titles: None

Geez, I thought this slime was going to be pretty weak, but I guess not. It seems to be more of the defensive type.

[Melee Resistance] was new, though. I got the gist of what it was, so I didn't need an explanation.

Since it has that skill, I'm assuming that using Thana would be useless, right? Then again, Thana was a Godly Ranked weapon, so I think she can deal with the slime.

To test my theory, I drew Thana. Unfortunately . . .

[Ew! Please don't use me against that thing, master!]

It appears that Thana doesn't want me to kill this thing with her. That was new.

"Seriously? What, are you afraid of getting some goo on you?" I teased.

[Do you have any idea how difficult it is to clean a weapon when you kill slimes?! It's all slimy and icky! I don't want that stuff on me!]

This little . . . Whatever.

I didn't want to argue with her, so I sheathed her and used magic on the slime.

"[Wind Cutter]" A wind blade appeared and sliced the slime in two.

Once the slime was dealt with, we moved on. After a little while, we kept running into more slimes, but they were all a little different.

Sticky slimes, metal slimes, and the classic clothes-eating slime. Amy wasn't very fond of that last one.

We soon got to the stairs to the next floor and was met with a giant slime. It was about a meter or two tall and just as wide.

It was called a King Slime. I also noticed in its status that it has [Summon Kin].

I met a few other monsters that had this skill, but they never did use it. Not even Arri did, which I'm kind of glad.

However, this monster took advantage of the skill and summoned a bunch of slimes to its side. And so, we had to deal with a lot of slimes.

It took almost half an hour until we decided to just ignore the other slimes and just focus on the main one. I was pretty annoyed by all the slimes, so I unsheathed Thana and rushed at the giant king Slime.

Thana was pleading me not to kill it with her, but I ignored her request and went all out. I then transformed her into the Warhammer from before and smashed the slime.

There was a big explosion, and the King Slime splattered all over the place. We were all covered in the stuff, including Thana.

[Gross! Master, you defiant!]

"Relax, I can just clean you up."

[That's not the point! You knew I didn't want to get covered in the stupid slime, but you ignored me!]

"That's because I could easily clean you up, so quit complaining."

I honestly don't understand what the big deal with. So Thana got covered in a little goo, it's no big deal.

At least she wasn't like Amy, whose clothes were getting eaten by those fabric eating slimes. She looked pretty embarrassed by that, which actually surprised me a bit.

She got all nervous and told Vlad and me to turn around while she changed. Her face was pretty red too.

I didn't think Amy could get embarrassed like that.

Regardless, we were pretty much covered in the slime, so we needed to clean up.

While we were doing that, I used [Detection] again to check if the spy was still with us, and sure enough, he was still there.

Well, we're on the first floor, so that's understandable. Still, I'm curious as to how far this spy will follow us.

Once we were cleaned up, we moved down to the next floor.

Author's Note: 

And so the group descends the floors. 

Also, if you were hoping for a clothes-eating slime scene in the story, sorry, but no can do. Mainly because I would have to age restrict it because I have a . . . vivid imagination. 

Let's also not forget that Amy has the body of a little kid, so no dice there. If she were at least eighteen or so, I would've reconsidered doing that, but alas, I cannot. 

Anyway, thanks for reading my chapter, let me know what you think, and I'll see you all in the next chapter. 

See Ya!