Chapter One- Christmas Party

"Remember to study for the exam. See y'all Monday." Mia told her class as the bell rung.

              "See you Monday Ms. Carter." Jalen winked at her and blew a kiss. "You know what you want for Christmas baby?"

            "Boy get out of my class." Mia laughed, pointing towards the door.

            Mia took off her glasses and sat them on her laptop. she started to gather her papers and belongings. It was her first year teaching and she loved it. she would've never thought that she would be teaching high school English at the age of twenty-three. Four long years of college was well worth it. Her students were everything to her.

    "Wait up Ms. Carter." She heard Mr. Taylor's voice as she walked to her car. He was so annoying.

   Mia sighed. "Yes Mr. Taylor?" She stopped, turning around towards him.

   "I was wondering if I could get your phone number and possibly take you out on a date." he smirked.

     Mr. Taylor wasn't a bad looking man. He stood six foot even, with chocolate skin ,brown eyes, and a low fade. But, he was married, just legally separated. Mia wasn't trying to have those problems. She was tired of him asking her out, honestly.

    "No, thanks Mr. Taylor. I have a man." she lied.

       "He wouldn't mind." he chuckled. Boy if you don't get...

Mia rolled her eyes, walking away from him. When she looked back, noticing that he wasn't following, she sighed of relief. Some guys just won't take no for an answer.

After starting the engine of her white 2016 Mercedes Benz, she turned the AC on max. When you live in the south, sometimes you get a little warm weather during the season of winter.

Once she made it home, she took a long, hot shower. She moisturized her caramel complexed skin. Mia stared at herself in the mirror. Standing five foot ten, slim, with a small, plump butt. Going to the gym every week was keeping her fit.

 Going to the gym every week was keeping her fit

  Her cell phone started to ring. She quickly grabbed it from her night stand. It was her brother calling.

   "Hey Jared." she answered.

    "What's good sis? What you up to?"

   "I'm just getting out of the shower. What you got going?"

   "Gettin' ready for this party, ya know. You still coming?"

    Mia rolled my eyes. "Yes I am." I should stay in bed all night.

    "Alright, I'll see you then beautiful. Love you."

       "I love you too." she ended the call.