"How would I have known that he would survive? That poison was suppose to be strong enough to kill him, yet, he is still alive. Consort Yu, I have done my part of our deal. You were suppose to make sure that Bai Mengxiang would never wake up once again, and you didn't fulfill that part. The one that should be blamed, shouldn't it be you?" Shilian, with his eyes full of hatred, looked at Yu Zhuang.

Yu Zhuang snapped his head towards Shilian at once when he heard those words. With his eyes flaring, he asked, "I'm the one at fault? I took the biggest risk attending that party whilst you hid! I even aided your maid with that poison, yet you say that I should be blamed? Consort Shi, I was the one who took the biggest risk in our deal. Although you did get rid of all the evidences, it was me that had found you and gave you a chance at getting rid of that thorn."

"Consort Yu, you really know nothing about the way the harem runs, don't you? In this place, you aren't a prince anymore, but just a mere consort. If you were found out, not only will you be punished but I would be too. If you were found out, you would've snitched me off right away. I didn't attend because I did not want to be dragged in, because there are many people who can also counterattack our plans."

"If any word about what we have done gets out, who do you think will benefit? Everyone other than us would. I don't know about you but I want to live long enough to see Bai Mengxiang be destroyed with my own eyes." Shilian sneered as he witnessed Yu Zhuang's ruthless actions. He had live two lifetimes now as someone in the palace, of course he would understand just how cruel and deep the schemings were in this place.

"Well. guess what, Consort Shi? Doesn't that mean that you also know that as long as Bai Mengxiang lives, nothing will change? I will be the one to change it, everything I want, I will never let go. In my life, I have always gotten whatever it was I wished for and that will remain the same. You're right, as a prince, once compared to someone like you, I may not know the struggles in the palace but there is something I have. I have power, I have a family that will always help me out." Yu Zhuang said this, an evil light appeared in his eyes and at that point, it was no longer able to be hidden. He had gone truly crazy.

"As long as you know what to do, then go ahead. What you said is correct, I don't have an influential family like yours, and I certainly don't have power comparable to you. Since that is the case, you will be the one to lead the way and take down Bai Mengxiang. What we need to do now if find another way to get rid of him, or at most, get rid of his child. As long as he gives birth to that child, that child would definitely hinder our path. If his child is a son, it will be even more tricky. Since there is no way we can get rid of Bai Mengxiang himself, why don't we change tactics?" Shilian offered, a smirk now on his face as he walked closer to Yu Zhuang.

Yu Zhuang looked at Shilian, confusion within his eyes before it cleared away. He had come up with a plan now. "Are you suggesting that we take down someone who is always by his side?"

"Isn't there always a little maid following him? Why don't you do something to that maid? After all, just think about the devastation he will be in when he finds out what happened to her, or better yet, witnesses what happens to her. Someone like him, gentle and kind, just think about how twisted he will become once that maid dies." 

In another room, as Bai Mengxiang listened in on the conversation, he suddenly smiled. His smile filled with a cold air, his own eyes glinting with killing intent.

These two people were truly evil. Although he had expected this from Shilian and Yu Zhuang nonetheless, it truly amazed him how they could continue to act like that. If they had just wanted to do something to him, that would've been fine but to pull in Xiao Lan? That kind and honest girl, why someone like here? He had planned to let them off easy but people like them, they needed no mercy.

Bai Mengxiang wanted them to feel immense pain, he was going to make them suffer and suffer and live a life full of misery, repeating this cycle until they were finally at their last breath.

Bai Mengxiang leaned back against a pillow, his eyes closed and the cold air from him disappeared.

It was kind of sad once you thought about it.

Xu Yongheng loved him, loved him so much that he was willing to anything for him.

If it was the original Bai Mengxiang, he would've truly fell in love with him and wish to be with him forever.

But he wasn't Bai Mengxiang. Deep in his cores, he would never be the real Bai Mengxiang.

He was Fei Qianchi and Fei Qianchi didn't know what it meant to love, he had never been given this so-called love, and was never taught to love.

Because throughout his life, he had been taught that love was futile.

Maybe if everything had changed from his youth, just how great would it be to learn what love truly was....