Chapter 28: the chase

"We gotta go find Nightmare." Ink panicked. "Yeah who knows what he's gonna do now." Horror muttered shivering at the times where Nightmare threw him out the window.

"How about we split up. It could give us some ground. Horror, Killer, Dust, Dream, you guys go together to explore of this place. Me and Blue, and Error will go after Nightmare." Ink devised. all of them nodded as they split ways.

"Let's go." Ink commanded as all of them ran after Nightmare.

______________

Nightmare ran after Cross. "CROSS!" Cross looked at him worriedly as he tried to talk in the gag but failed to.

Cross had got enough of magic as he summoned a knife as he than attacked X. X groaned as he dropped him.

"Nightmare!" Cross shouted as Nightmare ran to him. "Thank god..." Nightmare hugged him as Cross began to cry.

"N-Nightmare." Cross hiccuped. "It's ok..." Nightmare mumbled. "Nightmare!" Ink paused seeing Nightmare and Cross.

"Crossmare...!!!" Blue silently squealed as Error snickered silently. "Error... Blue..." Nightmare growled. Blue stopped.

"What the fuck did you do to Cross to make him this way." X looked up at Ink. "What are you talking about?" Error asked. "Cross's magic energy is so low... that he could die." Ink muttered.

Cross winced in pain.

"You fuck..." Nightmare scowled as X laughed. The ceiling was about to abrupt. "Guys we gotta go!" Ink panicked again.

"Go! I will stall this ceiling base of collapsing!" Sci shouted. "W-Wait wouldn't you die?...." Cross replied weakly.

"Just go! Don't worry about me!" Nightmare carries Cross as Ink and Error ran along with Nightmare and Cross. Sci sighed.

"You insolence. You do know you're gonna die right?" X seethed. "He won't. I will be here with him." Sci saw Fell next to him.

"Fell! I-I'm sorry for what I did." Sci muttered. "It's ok. I'm just glad your sags. You only did it to protect me. And... I don't want you to die. I'd rather we both die together. I love you Sci!" Sci was frozen.

"At least we're gonna die together right?" Sci sighed. "Yeah. And X will go on with us." Said Fell. "So? This is all just a game. This is all just a story. This is all a script! Players will watch. And I will always come back. And I'm not the villain. I played the role. Of what I've been given." X answered.

"I don't know what your talking about." Fell growled. Sci grinned at X. "Goodbye you bastard." Sci set off the remote as the ceiling exploded into rubbles.