Episode 125: Vow of Strength

*Lei*

"I'm full!" I said as we stepped out of the hotel. "I've never had so much curry in my life."

"It was tasty," Nyima said, smiling. "It mixed the carrots in well while still remaining true to the authentic taste of the dish."

"Thanks," Hideo said, grinning as we all walked out as a giant group.

"Huh, you made it?"

"Didn't I say that I was going to make you curry with carrots? Of course I made it!"

"You sure have a talent for curry," a man donning a silver mask said.

"It was yummy!" said Sierra who was riding on her father's shoulders.

Hideo puffed up his chest. "Thanks."

"Uh, conceited much?" Sierra's mother said, leering at him.

Koukyuu sighed. "He sure can be."

The brown haired woman glanced at her masked husband. "Well, I know someone who can be too."

Her husband laughed nervously. "I-I'm not conceited."

"You can be, Papa" a boy with bright blue eyes said, smiling at him. "It's probably where I got it from!"

"Yeah, well, your mother is worse."

She leered at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing. Let's go, Sierra!"

"Yeah! Full speed ahead!" she said, laughing as her father began running.

"Papa! Wait for us!" Sierra's other siblings yelled.

"Hey, don't run or you might get lost!" their mother yelled, chasing after them.

Hideo held his son's hands tightly while his daughter rode on his shoulders.

"Aww, I wanted to play catch too..." one of his boys said.

"Want to? I'll keep watch," his uncle said.

"You'll do that?" he asked, smiling.

"Yeah, of course!"

"Yahoo! Papa, can I go?"

Hideo sighed. "Alright, go... be careful, Kaze. I don't want you getting lost."

"Don't worry, I won't!" he said, following after his uncle.

Watching all of them run made me want to follow suit...

"Want to race toward the Crown Stadium?" Yen asked.

I nodded. "Yeah!"

Kun grinned. "You're still like a little kid."

"Hey, I couldn't run much when I was a little kid..." I said, pouting.

"Oh, right..." Kun said, his smile vanishing. "Well, a race sounds just fine!"

"Should you boys really be running?" Father asked. "Especially in the middle of the night? I know that Yen can find her way, but you boys have a habit of getting lost..."

Kun and I blushed. "We won't! We'll follow Yen!" we said in unison.

He sighed. "It'll be best if I follow after you, just in case."

"Can I join too?" Shandian asked, looking up at Papa.

"Sure, you can ride on my shoulders. It'll be good training for Parent-Child day too!" he said, picking up Shandian.