Episode 61: Colliding Powers

*Ulissis*

I returned my attention to the track. Alto attacked the H.E.H. guy who had pushed him out of the course but his lightning was deflected back at him by an invisible barrier.

"Alto!" I yelled.

Alto pushed himself back up and continued to run even as sparks flew out of his body. 

"Alto!" a voice called it. Aban ran over to Alto with a white card in hand. It seemed that despite Alto's best efforts to continue, he was running out of steam.

Alto smiled. "Thanks, Aban." He came to a halt and stretched out his hand to him, but just before he could hand him the baton, he started to fall forward.

"Alto, are you alright, buddy?" Aban asked, arriving in time to catch him. He winced as the electricity sparking off Alto hit him but didn't say anything.

"Y-yeah, just tired is all. Go on, run!" Alto said, trying his best to smile.

Aban shook his head at him. "I can't leave you here, alone."

I glanced up at the announcer. "Hey, if it's not a bother, could you take me over to my teammates. I'll like to out Alto."

"Alright," the announcer said. She formed a water bubble around me which for some reason didn't vanish unlike other spells. Though I was glad that it worked.

"I'll take care of him," I yelled from the air as my bubble zipped over to Aban and Alto. "So don't worry and run with all you got! I'll take care of the distance Alto had left to go. You run the five miles you have to."

Aban looked over at Alto with concern but forced himself to look away. "Alright..." He ran off at blazing speeds. Though it seemed that his attention was more on H.E.H.'s member as he kept his eyes locked on him. He raised his hand, causing a wall of earth to appear in front of their latest runner..

The H.E.H runner slammed his hands again the wall and winced.

Aban chuckled and ran on ahead. I should've known that he would try something like that. He was a former gangster after all. Payback was a thing he was used to dishing out, even if it was merely to someone connected to the one who hurt his gang.

I sighed and took the bubble back to my new position.

"You sure that you're fine?" I asked, staring at him. I gapsed as I felt something warm against my hand. It was blood. Blood was oozing out of his side!

"Alto, this wound..."

Alto laughed drunkily. "Don't, worry... Uli..." He leaned to the side and collapsed against the floor of he bubble. His blood began to stain the water making up the bubble red.

"Alto!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Alto! Get up! Alto!" I wanted to shake him to try wake him, but that would only have made things worse. "Alto..." I felled to my knees as the bubble descended. "Hold on, please, just hold on a bit more!"

"Let me heal him!" I turned and saw Adela and Yen flying over to us. Adela held some herbs in her hand. She stared at the wound and gasped. "This... that guy hurt him more than he should've."

"Wait," Yen said. "You aren't allowed to heal a rival team member."

Adela crushed the herbs in her hands. "What kind of rules are these? First I couldn't aid Lei, and now I can't aid Alto. Frankly I don't care anymore! I can't let a friend die."

Alto raised a hand and forced a smile. "I'll... be fine."

"Alto!" Aban yelled. I gasped. He had finished that in such short time? Perhaps I was wrong about him. Perhaps Aban is more fit than I gave him credit for.