Episode 42: Loneliness

"Forget... I just want to Forget... the pain of losing you. Of being unable to protect."

*Boukyaku*

Ever since I returned from Lei's trial, I had been looking up at the colorful fox mosaic glass ceiling over my dorm room. I couldn't get it out of my head, that Lucette was no more, that she'd been devoured by the filthy darkness. With my remaining teammates returning home in preparation for the Mahoulympics I was all alone, both figuratively and literally.

I was about to close my eyes when I heard the sound of footsteps approaching. "Who could that be? Eien and everyone else should be getting ready for the games." I stood up and peaked outside my door, no one was there. I peered down the hallway, no one was there either.

Am I imagining things? I should really get some rest, I'm starting to hear none existent things.

I jumped back upon turning around. Sitting on my bed was a woman in a white cloak with golden embroidery. "Who are you?" I asked, forming a blue fireball in each hand.

The woman summoned a silver wand made out of wood. "I'm the light that will light the darkness, I'm Ashynna Babette."

"How did you get here? Magic?"

"You could say I did," she said in a soothing tone. She removed her hood, causing blond hair to fall over the white fox mask she had on. "Now Boukyaku. Can I ask you something?"

"I'll like to know how you know my name but sure, what would you like to know?" I summoned a small knife and hide it behind my back.

She laughed in a familiar way. "Of course I know your name, prince. Hmmm, I sense you hate the darkness as much as I. Tell me, why do you hate it?"

I gripped a red necklace. It was an angel tool, a weapon from Zionia. Lucette had helped me pick it out. "It stole my most precious person."

"Do you desire power?" she said. "If so what for? For revenge?"

"To protect those I hold dear. I want to make sure they don't get captured by the darkness. I also want to defeat that mysterious man who claimed he was just like me."

"That man...who was he, did you ever find out?"

"No, he allowed the darkness to swallow him as well. He may be dead as could my loved one."

"No. You got to believe in this person. You got to believe that she or he can be saved. I can help you do so." She got off my bed, and pointed a white and golden wand at me. It looked just like Kun's wand. Her cloak was also like his... there had to have been a connection.

I took a step back and summoned my wand behind my back along with the knife in case she attacked. "Why would you want to help me?"

"You were very close to...someone, to your friend. I appreciate that kind of attitude. I also detest the darkness for stealing my own friends. A few days ago I woke up in the fields in which your friend vanished. I couldn't remember much, but I did remember that feeling of hatred.

A group of seven dressed up similar to how I am now appeared to me. They told me that they had saved me from the same fate in the darkness but couldn't save my friends. Together the eight of us are only eight-thirteenths of a group of thirteen bearers of light. We came here in search of the other five. While you may not be one of the five we are searching for you are an interesting character."

"So you are only after me because I'm 'interesting'? You want me to be some kind of jester for you and your unknown group of misfits? Is that it?" I asked, elevating my tone.