[Revised/Edited] Episode 11: Creeping Shadows

-"Darkness comes like a thief, to murder and kill if need be."

*Yen*

Wanikiya stopped a few inches from Zelde and spun around. "I... can't do this." He shook his head. His ice swords clattered to the ground.

"Hmph. To think I thought that you had finally grown as a mage. Sadly, I was mistaken," Mr. Obi said.

The Wahkanian prince grimaced. "What good would passing the test do me if I hurt my loved ones?"

Mr. Obi scoffed. "Pah! Pathetic emotions cloud your way. A true mage need not care for others. Instead, a true wizard cares for nothing but power above all. Why else do you think that we spend years upon years honing our craft, ignoring the petty disputes held among the weak? You must know that those you fought at Nine Petal Academy weren't even our strongest students. The truly strong don't even bother looking at the rest of you."

"Is... that so?" he asked.

"That's not what strength is!" I yelled.

Wanikiya stared at me with his light blue eyes. "What is strength then?" His eyes were drooped-down.

Mr. Obi snickered. "It certainly isn't what the youngest triplet thinks it is. That child's path will lead him nowhere. His arrogance will be his downfall."

I clenched my fists and shot the man daggers. "You dare say that about Lei? When you yourself are more arrogant than he is?" I snapped as I inched toward him.

The proctor put a hand on his chest and snickered. "I can back it up. That boy has exactly what to show for it? He lost against Iah in the tournament. He lost against Ren, against Shiori, and I'm certain that he lost against many of you."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "How do you know that he lost to Ren and Shiori?"

He scoffed. "Ren told me, of course. As for Shiori, I was watching as that battle unfolded."

I took another step forward. The ground trembled as vibrations passed through my feet. "You saw how Adela, Nyima, and my brother nearly got killed and didn't step in to do a thing?"

Mr. Obi smiled. "Oh, it was enjoyable... watching that boy get what was coming to him."

Sound-waves ripped through the concrete sidewalk and shook the buildings around us. "You bastard!" I yelled as my punch collided against his arms. I threw another punch, unleashing another shock-wave upon the vicinity. "You dare call yourself a teacher?"

I dashed behind him, when an orange fox tail emerged from his back and grabbed a hold of me.

He snickered. "You're his triplet alright. Not only in looks, but also in terms of bark. You all lack bite."

I formed a knife out of wind and raised it at his tail. "I'll make you take that back!"

Another tail appeared. It coiled around my arm like a serpent that had captured its latest meal.

"You are frail," Obi said, lifting me off the ground.

"Let her go!" Hikaru yelled.

Mr. Obi threw me at him. "There you go!"

Hikaru grimaced as he pushed himself up and caught me.

"Sorry," I said, pushing myself off of him. I glanced at our proctor. "I'll be sure to hit him this time."

The man snickered as he started to fade. "You will not, for you have failed. It's time to go back..." He held out his hand. A brilliant red light encompassed all of us.