Episode 99: Fragrant Scent

*Sarah*

I stared at the waves of the pseudo-Wahkanian sea as I slowly ate one of the sandwiches that Silas had made while we were still unconscious. It tasted rather good though it had a tad more lime than I preferred.

Something cool rolled down my face. I wiped my eyes.

Lime... Nia...

***

[Years Ago- Shui Kingdom of Sera]

"Hey, Sarah, don't run! We're supposed to stick close together!" big brother yelled as he chased after me through the busy market place.

"No worries, I won't get lost!" I said, smiling. "And if for some reason I do, I'll just send a beam of water into the air as a search signal."

Big brother sighed. "It's still dangerous. If anything happens to you, Mom and Dad are going to be so mad at me. Actually, we should head back. I have a bad feeling. Plus we need to meet the diplomats from the Higher Evolutionary Hierarchy."

"They won't be arriving for several more hours, plus Mom and Dad will be the ones receiving them. And do not be such a coward. If anything bad happens, we can handle it ourselves," I said, running on ahead.

"Hey, did you listen to anything I just said?" he asked, reaching his hand out for me. "Come back! You know we still need to be present to greet our guests! Sis!"

I laughed and continued on running until I reached what appeared to be a residential area. The homes didn't look anything like the ones I was accustomed to seeing. Most of them had rusted aluminum roofs or straw.

A sweet citrusy scent waft the area. I glanced up and saw a tree with white flowers. It also had tiny green spheres.

"Is that a lime tree?" I asked, approaching it.

"Ugh, just a little more!" I heard someone say.

I gasped as I saw a girl my age reaching to grab a lime. She beamed as soon as she got a hold of one.

"Hey, what are you doing?" a voice yelled. A lady wielding a broom emerged from the house next to the lime tree. "Ahh, it's you again! Haven't I warned you not to take from my lime tree, you shitling?"

"Stop," the girl yelled as the lady swatted the air. "Fine, I'll give you back your lime. Just let me get down."

"No, today I'm going to teach you a proper lesson!"

"Stop it, she's going to fall!" I yelled, grabbing the lady's arms.

"Let go of me!" the lady yelled, pushing me to the muddy ground.

I glanced up in horror as the girl began to lose her grip on the tree.

I held out my hand and formed a bubble underneath the girl. Her body bounced up and down as soon as she landed on it.

"D-did you just s-" She winced as the lady slapped her with her bloom. "Leave, filthy child!"

"Let her go! She just wanted a lime!" I yelled, standing up from the ground.

The lady swung her broom at me, almost hitting my face. "You stay out of this!"

"I'm sorry. I promised that I won't steal another lime again," the girl said, closing her eyes tightly.

She narrowed her eyes at her. "Fine, but I see you again then you'll get something that makes this seem like a hug. Now scram!"

The girl walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "L-let's get out of here," she muttered, averting her eyes.