deux

CHAPTER TWO
hook...line...sinker.

Il mietitore was filled to the brim with people dancing, drinking, and practically sucking the face off of others

Il mietitore was filled to the brim with people dancing, drinking, and practically sucking the face off of others. It looked like sardines packed into a can with how close people were. They were all so carefree and I found myself chuckling at how unknowing they were. The number of people in this building that could kill them was almost comical. Yet they didn't have a care in the world as they danced the night away surrounded by killers. (T: the reaper)

It was a hulking building and even bigger on the inside. It had three floors; the top I assumed to belong to the Don and most likely held his office and such while the second floor was a sort of balcony. It held the Dj's booth and security as well as private rooms while the main floor was occupied by two large square bars, one at the front of the club and one in the back. The dance floor held steps as it led to a lower pit. Private booths lined the walls surrounding the pit.

I knew I'd find him there.

I made my way to the dancefloor first. Music filled the air that wasn't occupied by the permeating smell of sweat as I searched for my latest victim.

He wasn't hard to spot as he and a few other men sat in a higher-up booth near the dance floor surrounded by women. They fell over themselves as they flirted with his men.

Perez sat in the middle of the lot of them with a girl on either side of him cuddled up to his chest under his arms. His eyes surveyed the crowd for fresh meat before his eyes landed on my body. I didn't need to look at him to know it was him, his gaze seemed just as sleazy as he was. I looked around in faux confusion trying to find who it was that was looking at me before my eyes landed on his.

There's the hook.

I gave a small smile as I looked him up and down before turning away from him and swaying my hips along to the rhythm of the music. His eyes stayed locked on my body for the majority of the night. He watched as men came up behind me only for me to decline them and kept dancing on my own.

His eyes never strayed from my form as I made my way to the bar alone I'd stumbled slightly along the way to make myself seem tipsy. Bastard liked his women as vulnerable.

I ordered a frilly drink that I wouldn't be drinking as I waited patiently, I hadn't needed to wait long as the seat next to me was pulled out.

"A beautiful woman like you shouldn't be drinking alone." He said as he called a bartender over for a drink.

I pulled into myself slightly as I pouted ever so slightly before responding. "I was here with a few friends but I can't find them I think they might've gone home with people." I furrowed my brows as I looked at him making eye contact with his brown eyes before looking down shyly.

"Sounds like some bad friends you got there; what with them leaving you alone like this." The words slithered out from his tongue along with the smell of cigarettes as he lifted my chin slightly to look at him.

I fought the urge to cut his fingers off while I stayed looking down before steadying my mask and looking up at him through hooded lashes and moving close to his ear.

"It's okay," I said in a sweet voice while giggling ever so slightly. "I'm not alone anymore, am I?" I pulled back slightly to look into his eyes which had darkened considerably.

There's the line.

We talked for what seemed like hours but was only around thirty minutes. He chuckled darkly at something I said before he stood up, drink in hand while offering me the free one. 'Trust me' he had said while leading me past security up to the third floor.

One thing I had picked up in my conversation with Victor was he was an idiot with a god complex. I could tell he was proud of how far he had come doing what he did and that he was on top of the world and nothing could harm him.

What a sorry excuse of a man. I mean he was honestly pathetic. He held the hand of his killer and said trust me. Had this life taught him nothing? Everyone is a potential enemy; even innocent-looking girls in little black dresses.

It wasn't hard to get him to spill his dirty little secrets. Like how he was planning on fucking Santiago over in their business meeting and attempting to put out a hit on him. He hadn't had any luck of course, nobody would dare go after Don Accardi but like I said God complex.

The poor fool thinks he could do it let alone get away with it. With enough alcohol people will open up to you like a venus fly trap waiting for its meal to come along.

The dark office he'd lead me to was lit up slightly from the club's lights. Black shelves filled with books lined one side of the wall that held a large desk and an even larger chair behind it. Leather couches looked out the large floor-to-ceiling windows that gave a nice view of the entire club. It was one-way glass. You could see those below you filling the club but they couldn't see you. Large seats sat in front of the desk and I found that the only light in this room came from the light grey wood flooring my heels clacked against.

"Are we allowed to be in here?" I asked with a false tone of nerves.

"It shouldn't be a problem," he said "I know the owner."

Yeah, the owner that you plan on fucking over that holds power you couldn't even comprehend. Imbecile.

I didn't have much time to look at anything else in the office before Victor was pouncing on me. He set me on the desk before his thin lips bit at my plump ones savagely as he tried to slip in some tongue while he felt me up.

I made quick work of snatching his gun from behind his waistband without him noticing. He stood between my legs running his hands up and down them and eventually slipping under the dress I wore and with how close he had been to me I could feel the moment he froze when he felt the holster on my thigh.

There's the sinker.

Just as he pulled back the door fluttered open. A sliver of light peeked through from the hallway before the office was bathed in brightness as the light flicked on.