dix-sept||18+

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
three words and eight little letters

(TRIGGER WARNING- THIS CHAPTER HAS SMUT DONT REPORT ME OR ILL HUNT YOU DOWN ITS LISTED AS MATURE FOR A REASON)

Santiago had set up a dinner in his large dining hall. It was empty aside from a table with our meals. Candelabras sat scattered along the floor along with rose petals. The sweet scent of vanilla filled the room with a sweet aroma which only added to the relaxing feeling that had taken over my body since our bath.

As we ate I found myself taking him in. And by taking him in I mean I could see his soul clearly for the first time. There wasn't any murkiness that constructed my vision.

When I first saw his eyes they reminded me of a thunderstorm and I could remember questioning if his decisions were as concrete as his eyes were, if they were set in stone or not. I found my thoughts to be true. God help anyone who questioned him, for he would rain down hell upon them. But now? Now I questioned if when he cried would there be a thunderstorm that would rain down destruction?

They say the eyes are the window to the soul. His eyes are dark, oh so dark. I sometimes questioned my own sanity when I looked deep into the abyss they held. Was I crazy for seeing something besides that darkness? He showed his love in his own way, and I was grateful for it because I didn't know how he could look into my eyes, eyes akin to poison, and see everything I'd buried so long ago. Emotions, love, humanity, things I didn't think were still a part of me.

He crawled into my soul and found all of it. The pain, heartbreak, loneliness, emotions, and most importantly, my humanity. He found the love I didn't know I had and stole it. I didn't realize how far he'd gotten past my walls. I thought he was slowly chipping away at them but the bastard had already found a hole and set up his own home in my mind and soul.

He placed his utensils down and offered me a hand once we finished dessert. Soft music filled the room and I recognized it as Lana Del Rays Young and Beautiful. We made our way to the center of the room, the candles and rose petals surrounding us. I laid my head on his chest as we began to sway along to the rhythm.

I was in love with this man. How did I fall so deeply and irreversibly in love with him? I knew from this moment on that nothing would be able to take me away from him.

"Santiago?" I called out softly.

"Yes, darling?" he responded, equally as soft.

"Why did you keep pursuing me? I gave you no reason to."

"You might not have, but my mother did." he said leaving me slightly confused.

"What do you mean?" he pulled back slightly to spin me before bringing me back in, his arms holding me right to his chest. I could see the soft smile form on his face, one filled with melancholy and happiness.