six

CHAPTER SIX
satisfaction brought it back

Santiago was knocking on my door at seven p

Santiago was knocking on my door at seven p.m. on the dot that same day. An all-black tailored suit accentuated his broad chest along with a few gold rings and a gold wristwatch were his only form of jewelry. My eyes wandered to his large hands and the tattoos that covered them as well as the ones that disappeared under his shirt.

When I looked at his face there was a hint of a smirk as he tilted his head to the side slightly as he took in my outfit. His smirk turned into a grin when it landed on my face. He straightened up slightly as he held out a hand for mine. I turned to lock my door before placing my hand in his. He raised it to his lips planting a firm kiss against the back of it while looking into my eyes.

"You look..." He started before he lost his words slightly as his eyes raked over me once more.

A small smirk dashed across my lips as I took his silence as a chance to speak. "Hot?" I questioned.

"Stunning." He corrected bowing his head slightly to look down at me. "You look stunning Jade." A small smile threatened to split across my lips only slightly disappearing as I attempted to keep my face calm. I could do nothing however for the pink tint that embraced my cheeks with open arms.

His lips quirked up as he held his other hand in front of us. "Shall we?" A nod was all I gave as he led us down to his black sports car.

He opened the door for me before making his way over to the driver's side. I hadn't missed his men in the SUVs littering my block. The ride to the restaurant was filled with small talk as I decided to keep my questions for our meal.

The restaurant held an open vibe to it along with a closed-off section in the back we were led to. The lights were much dimmer in the private rooms of the restaurant and held a warm vibe to them. Santiago pulled my seat out for me and pushed me back in after I'd sat down before taking the seat across from me.

Before Santiago could speak a waiter approached our table. "Good evening, my name is Alex and I'll be your waiter this evening. Can I get you started with something to drink?"

"Two glasses of water and the bottle of Romanee-Conti." My eyes widened slightly at his choice.

"That's an expensive choice, Mr. Accardi."

"Call me Santiago Jade, there's no need for formalities."

"Isn't there?" I ask and pause for a moment as Alex comes back with the wine and water before taking out orders. Once he leaves I continue. "You fill my apartment with flowers, send me jewelry, and a dress, and now you bring me to an expensive ass restaurant with wine from Burgundy's Cote D'or,"

"Oh I'm impressed love, you know your wines." It was almost condescending in the way the words rolled off his tongue and the tantalizing curve of his lips did nothing to hide that fact. It didn't bother me, in fact, it was quite amusing how he could parade himself as nonchalant.

"And you know how to avoid questions." I shot back with a small sigh as he leaned back glass of red wine in hand. His stormy eyes met mine as he raised his glass to me and I could see the mischief swimming in his eyes.

"I think we can save those questions for later, no?" He said it dismissively but I knew it was more of a command. If it were anyone else I wouldn't have taken that as an answer but I wasn't with just anyone and it's not like I could touch him without being shot at by either him or his men.

"Fine, what would you like to talk about then?" I started but stopped as our food made its way to our table before Alex left making sure to let us know he would be there if we needed anything else.

"Tell me about yourself," He says and I barely manage to hold back a scoff. What's there to know that I could tell him without it coming back to bite me in the ass.

"It's only fair considering you saved my life and ran off without a word." He states before taking a bite of his meal.

"What, your hackers didn't get anything on me?"

"You know they didn't sweetheart; after all, you kicked them out of your servers and I only managed to get your name." He counters and I decide then to play along for a moment. "Any siblings?" He asks.

"Nope, I'm an orphan. You?" I ask making sure to keep my answers simple and straight to the point.

"I've got a few brothers and my father." He responds with a slightly colder face than normal.

"And your mother?" He tenses for less than a millisecond his eyes fogging over in a sort of way like he was remembering something.

"She was killed a while back." He said it so coldly and for a moment I almost thought he didn't care but I was too perceptive for that. If I was any other person I would've thought they didn't have a good relationship and he truly didn't care or it just didn't affect him.

But as an assassin, I managed to pick up the look in his eyes as well as his hands tightening ever so slightly on the cutlery he held.

"I'm sorry for your loss," I tell him. I couldn't imagine that kind of pain; I'd always been told my parents were deadbeat druggies that overdosed when I was a baby and that I should've been grateful to be taken into a family or else I would've ended up just like them.

Either way, it didn't matter anyway I never knew them, I had no keepsakes from them or memories of a happy childhood to look back on and in a way, I was almost grateful I would never have to endure that kind of pain.

"Don't be, it was a long time ago." He grumbled out, his voice back to its usual stone-cold nature. "How'd you end up as an assassin?" He said it like it was such a normal thing to ask someone but for us it was. The underground was filled with whatever you needed; assassins, drug smugglers, trafficking, arms dealers, gangs, and mobs.

There would always be a surplus of people damned to hell there.

"How'd you end up the Don of the strongest mafia in the world?" I redirect his question back at him but we both knew every question asked tonight would be a loaded one. I already knew his answer but that didn't mean I was going to miss the opportunity to hear it from the source himself.

He decided to entertain my question and put his on the backburner for now when he answered that it was passed down through the family and would continue to be passed down through the bloodline; each Accardi making it better and bigger than it was before.

"So?" He raised a brow waiting for my answer. I sighed mentally before answering.

"I was born into it, I've trained my entire life." I decided to take a page out of his book and answered in a cold tone hoping it would be dropped there. He must've seen some of my reluctance as he changed the subject to a lighter one and throughout the night although my guard was up I managed to enjoy myself.   

I totally forgot to update guys sorry anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter there's so much that's going to start happening in this book and I'm excited for you guys to read it. don't forget to comment and vote🤍