Chapter 53

After Brendon cleaned up Luke, he made sure that he was tied up, then went upstairs to talk to Ella.

Closing the door behind him, Brendon sighed, locking the door. Ella was sitting on the couch, looking at her hands, which were resting in her lap.

She jumped when she heard Brendon come closer, scared about what he would do to her. "Ella, darling, it's time we had a talk about something."

Ella nodded, lifting her head, so her eyes met Brendon's. He bit his lip, then sat down next to her, not too sure if he was ready to tell her any of this, yet.

"To make things clear, I'm not mad at you at all. In general, I should've been honest with you as to my whereabouts. Anyway, I wanted to inform you that I'm like this due to many reasons from my past."

Ella nodded, placing a hand on Brendon's. "When I was young, my parents were the best people I could have in life. At school, I was not the best at making friends. I was just...too outgoing and smarter than some of the other kids."

He took a deep breath, then rubbed over his eyes with his left hand. "I was often bullied because of the way I acted, but that's not the most important part. I was on my way back from the park with some of my friends, when I realized that my front door was wide open."

"I knew that this only happened when my mom was working in the garden, but it was too dark outside for her to be doing that. W-When I made my way inside the house, no one answered and no one was with me since my friends left."

~Flashback~

Brendon walked in the house, a smile plastered on his face. "Mom? Dad? I'm home!" No response. The house was quiet, the occasional sound of  the air conditioning turning on and off in the background.

That's when Brendon heard a noise coming from upstairs. Slowly, but surely, Brendon made his way upstairs, towards his parents' bedroom, where the noise came from.

He could hear whimpers and some weak cries for help. Knocking on the door, Brendon heard everything go quiet. 

"M-Mom? D-Dad?" Brendon opened the door, only to see his own mother covered in blood, chained up against the wall.

His heart rate picked up and his breath hitched in his throat. "M-Mommy?" She weakly looked up, allowing Brendon to notice the cuts on the corners of her lips, making it look like she had a joker-like smile.

"B-Brendon, p-please l-l-leave before i-its too l-late."  Instead of leaving, Brendon inched towards his mother, only to be stopped by his father's voice.

"Step away from your mother, Bren." He looked behind him, seeing his dad holding a knife. 

"D-Daddy, what are you doing t-to mommy?" Brendon's dad kneeled down to his level, then sighed.

"Well, son, your mom didn't exactly do a good thing. She went behind my back and cheated on me. That's not a nice thing to do."

Brendon urned his head to the side, not quite understanding what his father meant by 'cheating'. "Is mommy goona be ok?" 

Mr. Urie's eyes went dark when he looked up at Brendon's mom. "I think so. Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

~End of Flashback~

Brendon shook his head, holding back the tears that were threatening to fall. "That night, m-my mom was killed by my own father. After that, I was taught the ways of killing people to get my way. A-And soon, that way changed. I hated watching people die and knowing that they were gone, so I would just dress them up like a doll."

Ella was shocked. She didn't know that Brendon's past was that bad, nor did she know anything about his past until now. "Brendon, I-"

He shook his head, then stood up. "I don't want to hear it, Ella. You've done nothing wrong and right now, I need you to help me tend to your father downstairs. He's not in the best of shape because of me."