Chapter 7

The party felt like it was going on forever. Well, at least for Ella. She had sat down at the island in the kitchen with her dad, talking amongst some of her favorite neighbors. Brendon, of course, had been keeping a close eye on her. He didn't like the fact that she was acting all buddy-buddy with Mr. Malone. While the night still burned bright, Ella decided that it'd be best if she went to bed. She wanted the adults to talk about whatever they wanted to, without her getting in the way. As she said goodnight to everyone aloud, some of the men raised their champagne, while the women just smiled and waved. Brendon's eyes followed her as she walked into the hall, which blocked his sight of her. "Shit", Brendon placed his wine on the table, quickly walking after her. Some people took notice of this, but they were either too tipsy or too drunk to do anything about it. Instead, they assumed that he was going to use the upstairs bathroom. Ella sighed, looking in the mirror as she put her hair into a messy bun. "Something doesn't feel right." She shook her head, then turned around, only to find Brendon standing in the door frame of her room. "Uh, w-what are you doing up here?" Brendon fully stood up, walking towards Ella slowly. "I don't know what I'm doing up here, to be honest with you. I guess my excuse could be that I've taken a liking to you, Ella." Her eyes were focused on the floor below her, but they soon trailed up Brendon's body when he stood directly in front of her. "So, what exactly are you implying?" Brendon shrugged his shoulders, leaning in closer to her. "Maybe you should come home with me. I'll be sure to make you the happiest girl alive." A smirk tugged at his lips as he dipped his head into the crook of her neck, his breath fanning onto her skin. He could sense her hesitation, letting him know that he had succeeded with his control over her. "I, uh, that's illegal. I-I don't want to get in trouble." Brendon's smirk grew wider, his lips finally making contact with her soft skin. "Oh, trust me, darling. You need to get in trouble, if you want to get things done."