Chapter 3

Ella walked into the house, feeling the nice warm air hit her face. The smell of home made chocolate chip cookies made its way through out the house, welcoming Ella home. As she walked down the hall, towards the kitchen, Ella placed her coat on the rack, then placed her shoes in the closet. "Hi, mom." Her mom was just taking the cookies out of the oven, a warm smile on her face. "Hello, Ella. How was talking to the new neighbor?" She shrugged, remembering the young man, who she had just talked to. "Uh, I guess he seems a little off to me. I've been thinking about what Mr. Malone said about him and I think that he may be right about Brendon." Ella's mom took off her oven mitt. "Oh, so his name is Brendon? Is he cute?" Ella rolled her eyes, grabbing a cookie from the tray. "I guess he's kind of cute. I mean, if you count his old vintage styled type house and clothes, then yeah." Ella's mom chuckled. "Well, I'm glad you enjoyed talking to him. I have to start making dinner, so if you wanna throw on a movie, then go ahead. Just, don't have the volume up too loud, ok?" Ella smiled, quickly running into the other room, but slowed down when she realized that she didn't want to watch TV. She sat down on the couch, thinking about Brendon. Ella thought about his dark eyes and hair, his tall figure, and the vintage house he had. It was peculiar to her because she had never seen someone's house like that, except for her grandma's house. Why would a man in his twenties have a house like that? Ella laid down on the couch, looking up at the blank ceiling above her. It was like she was stumped on Brendon and since she just met him today, that wasn't a good thing. Ella sat back up, rubbing her eyes. Meanwhile, Brendon stood across the street from Ella's house, watching the girl from afar. She was perfect. She was everything Brendon wanted her to be.