Chapter 51

Ella stayed put, not being able to move her legs at all. She felt like her body had shutdown and went numb. 

"Ella, do I have to say it again?! Go upstairs, now!" She looked up at Brendon with bloodshot eyes, tear stains on her cheeks.

"H-How could y-you d-do this?! Y-You're the o-one who's killing e-everyone I love!" Brendon clenched his jaw, beginning to grow irritated with Ella's defiance. 

"Would you like to know why I've been doing all this, darling? Would that make you happy?" Ella bit here lip, slowly nodding her head.

Brendon cleared his throat, then looked behind him, his eyes landing on Luke, who had been watching the entire scene unfold in front of him. 

"When I moved in, I planned on dropping this whole 'kink' of mine.  I had built the reputation of a mass murderer in my old town, which led to me moving out here."

"I had planned on leaving my past behind, so I could start a new life here. Then, I saw you the day you came to my house with some cookies."

"I had these voices in my head, telling me to invite you in and completely destroy you, but the other side of me thought that you were beautiful. Too beautiful to destroy."

"I wanted to tell you that I loved you many times, but I knew it would be weird since we had only just met. Not to mention, some people got in the way of that."

Brendon growled and looked back at Luke, then looked at Ms. Knight, who laid in the corner lifeless.

"So, I began to bring back my old habits. As you can see, I got quite far until you found out about all of this. Now, Ella, don't you see that we are destined to be together?"

Ella was horrified. She was scared of what Brendon could do to her. "N-No." Brendon turned his head to the side, a vile grin plastered on his lips.

"No? What do you mean by 'no'?" He began to slowly make his way over to Ella, who would back up every time Brendon took a step towards her.

Brendon placed his hand on her cheek, caressing it with his thumb. "Oh, Ella. You don't know what I could do to you."

Ella pushed him away, backing up a bit more, only to have her back hit the wall. Brendon chuckled, his hands clasped together behind his back. 

"Ella, Ella, Ella. When will you learn who's in control?"