THIRTY

This is a double update as per usual- Chapter 29 was uploaded before this so please make sure you read them in the correct order :)

Harley Anderson

It feels different waking up the next day. Less hopeless, I suppose. Now that I have a goal in mind- which is to help the Kings take Jack down- there's a newfound sense of determination in my heart and I only hope I can help it grow so that it burns every inch of me. After dinner last night, Danté and I returned home. We didn't speak too much about it but I think we both knew what the other was thinking- that we made the right choice but a dangerous one nonetheless.

Despite this, it now means that I have to involve myself more in the gang, make a point of hearing more, which is the only thing I really don't like about it. The reminder of why exactly I'm going to do it though is enough to make me push through and walk into the gang with a new mindset.

However, instead of Isaac waiting for me in the room like usual, he is nowhere to be seen and I frown before I catch sight of Katalina beckoning me over. Although my heart tells me I can trust her, my mind still seems to feel the need to remind me that she lied about her true intentions and it is that reason that my guards seem to involuntarily go up. Yet, my feet take me to her, my boots making clicking sounds on the wooden floors.

"Hey," I greet when I reach her and she smiles widely.

"I've got good news." She says, her voice light- as if we weren't having dinner last night with the "enemy". With my eyebrows knitting together, I cock my head to the side in question. I rest my hip against the bar table where she leans her elbows on.

"Good news?" The same words leave my mouth and she nods, a few pieces of black mane falling in front of her face.

"Yes. Isaac says that your training is over."

My eyebrows raise in shock and I let out a relived laugh before taking a seat on one of the bar stools. However, I can't help but shake my head in annoyance.

"The jackass couldn't even tell me himself." I mutter in somewhat amusement but mostly irritation. Katalina snorts, scratching the side of her arm.

"To be real, I think the less Isaac speaks to you, the better. The guy is such a moody ass." She remarks with a smirk twisting her lips and I nod my head, shaking my index finger at her in a 'good point' manner.

"That's fair." I respond and she chuckles before we lapse back into silence although it's still filled with the noise from the rest of the members in the room.

"Do you think that Xavier will eventually stop training Cameron?" I find myself asking and Katalina shakes her head.

"Honestly? Nah. Xavier doesn't stop training any of his fighters. But maybe with Cameron it'll be different," she shrugs and my heart deflates a little. My conversation is cut short with Lina when a presence is suddenly looming behind me and I roll my eyes before glancing at her.

Charlotte's hair is in a mess of curls with her septum piercing shining in the light. She reeks of smoke and I scowl at the look of smugness on her face. "Hiya Harley," she drawls out before glancing at Lina, "Katalina." She says distastefully. "Mind me joining?" Instead of giving us time to respond, she takes a seat on the chair between Lina and I anyway. Subtly, I scoot a little further away.

My eyes meet Lina's across Charlotte and it seems I'm not the only one unhappy about the brunette's presence. Casually, she pulls out a cigarette and places it between her lips before lighting it up. Taking a long drag, she exhales a cloud of smoke and I look away to avoid breathing it in.