TWENTY-FIVE

Cameron Dawson

There seems to be a lot more movement by the gang than usual, members loitering about outside, in the parking lot and even more so in the common room that's uncomfortably packed. Whatever Jack called everyone in for is clearly important and a big deal which is either good news or really fucking bad news.

Harley has a permanent irritated scowl on her face as we enter the loud and boisterous room. It seems that she's still annoyed at me. Although that might be to herself because she helped a Kings member and despite me understanding why she did it- the girl was pointing a damn gun at her- if Jack finds out we're as good as dead. And it's going to be a painful one.

"I'm not stupid Danté!" She had exclaimed in exasperation after I expressed my concerns. I didn't bother arguing, knowing nothing good would come of it but it seems that she's still mad at me. However, she does glance at me in concern when there's shouts of discontent from the crowd and I frown, pulling her into my side as we move further inside.

Members shout at one another, yelling and banging going around like a bottle of whiskey. Sounds of disbelief and anger escape the room and just by the looks on everyone's faces, I can tell that this isn't good news. The tension in the room is insane and Harley squirms by my side, unnerved by all the commotion and angry yelling. I glance around before finding Katalina standing further in a corner, out of the crowd, and watching everything silently however, even she has a strange look plastered to her face. Like this whole thing is stressing her out and she's trying to figure out a solution.

With my hand wrapped around Harley's, I lead her to the Mexican girl. She doesn't notice us so when I touch her elbow to grab her attention, she jumps slightly before visibly relaxing when she sees us. Katalina seems to have a natural knack of being calm in stressful situations- from what I've gathered- so to see her unnerved and concerned makes my stomach twist with unease. She wrings her hands together, tapping her foot impatiently and I frown.

"What's going on?" I ask and she opens her mouth to respond before getting cut off by Jack who stands on the bar table, clad in a blue suit, and everyone looking up at him. The shouts and murmurs settle down as Jack slips his hands into his pockets. He has a solemn calm look on his face, his lips turned downwards.

"As most of you have heard, the Kings have being on our side tonight." He begins and the crowd murmurs. "And by doing so, they have killed one of our very own members- Josh."

Shouts resonate throughout the room, most people shouting out gruesome things that should be done to the Kings.

"We all know the rules- if they step into our territory, we make sure that they don't walk out without an eye missing or without having to be dragged out by their corpse." Jack exclaims angrily, speaking with so much conviction that even I can't help but be absorbed into what he is saying. The crowd shouts again, announcing their agreement before Jack holds up a hand to quiet them.
"Tonight, I want each and every one of you here to patrol the area. To patrol our territory. These are our streets and I'll be damned to let those cunts come here as if it is their own and kill one of my fucking members!"

Another wave of yelling from the crowd.

"Tonight, we are going into their territory too and you hurt anyone you can get your hands on. No entering houses- not tonight, that will be another day- but any Kings members in stores or on streets are to walk away with an injury. Do you hear me? They killed one of us so we'll hurt all of them."

The response from everyone is deafening and I frown as everyone grabs what they need and joins whoever before leaving the gang in a bid to go and hurt Kings members. Turning to Katalina, I see her gnawing on her nails before Ramiro approaches us, a bit breathless.