THIRTEEN

Cameron Dawson

The party that the gang was holding for one of their members was seemingly getting wilder and wilder as time went by. At first it was mostly just talking and drinking but now it's mostly drinking and dancing, the kind of dancing that made you want to look away from the intimacy of it.

Being back in the apartment and resting after my intense work out with Xavier was much more preferred but Harley and I both realised that staying here- in the presence of the gang- was probably safer since we were yet to replace the broken door and add more locks to it. Through most of the night, I've spent it with Ramiro who I've noticed isn't much of a talker. However, after introducing me to William- the man behind the screen for the gang- conversation flowed easier. William- or Will as he preferred to be called- and I have raced each other before and I recall him being one of the best- and friendliest- opponents I've ever had. Will also seems to have a charismatic way about him and a humour that seems to let him score in bed. I don't have any inclination to make friends in this gang or to get any closer than I have to, but I know that isolating Harley and I will do more harm than good so I suppose acquainting myself with Ramiro and Will is not such a bad idea.

Harley has spent most of her time talking to Lina despite the fact that they sit near us, only just out of reach, and although I've wanted to spend this time by my girlfriend's side, we've both discussed that we shouldn't showcase our relationship too much. Any one with eyes can see that Harley and I are together but rubbing it in people's faces isn't a good idea because the more we emphasize it, the more Jack is going to try and interfere in one way or another. He'll look at it as a weakness.

Will is talking about a girl he got with last night when Isaac comes up to us, seemingly drunk and out of it. He greets Ramiro and Will with a pat on the back before he nods at me. "Y'all coming with?"

"Where you heading?" Ramiro enquires and Isaac grins which seems extremely unusual since I haven't seen him do it once since we've arrived- until now, that is.

"Kesha's."

Will lets out a whistle, an excited smile worming its way onto his face. "A titty joint? Don't mind if I do."

"That's not really my thing." Ramiro responds, face scrunching up. Isaac and Will shrug before looking at me.

"I'll pass." I say and they shrug.

"Aight. See you two later." Will says, walking away with Isaac and leaving Ramiro and I to ourselves. I then turn to him.

"You got a girl or something?" I ask. Not being fond of strip clubs is something I can definitely relate to since I never enjoyed them even before I met Harley but I'm still curious if Ramiro's protest to go is for another reason other than just not liking the scene.

Ramiro immediately shakes his head. "No."

I tsk. "So you just don't like naked girls dancing for you?"

Ramiro's lips twitch up on one side. "I'm not into all that. I mean, a good fuck is great and all but I got more respect for women than that."

From the sounds of it, one can assume that Ramiro is sort of into the random hookup thing but I still find the fact that he sees women as people worth of respect admirable.

Before I comment any further, Ryan is stepping up to me, a smug smile on his face and I'm rolling my eyes as I grunt under my breath. Ryan's absence from Emery's track was one of the only good things that came out of these last few months but I guess that couldn't last too long, taking it that he's standing in front of me.

"Cameron, my man." Ryan says as if he's unaware how much I detest him.

"Ryan, what is it?" I cut to the chase. Ryan doesn't say anything unless he has some snarky remark up his sleeve. He puts a hand over his heart and pouts childishly despite the gleam I see in his eye.