Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Lydia showed me to my next class and told me she'd meet me me at my locker for lunch.

Apparently there was no way I wasn't sitting with her.

I liked Lydia, a lot. She was the first person in a long time that actually made me laugh.

I started to think about what my aunt said, maybe I could find new friends. I mean it's been a couple months since my mom died and according to my aunt I had made "real progress". Maybe I should try to "find friends" as she put it.

"Hello class" my history teacher exclaimed shoving her glasses back onto her small framed face for the third time since I entered the classroom.

"We have a new student in our midst" she looks around the classroom like I'm going to pop up and read a passage from my autobiography.

"Bianca?" She asks still looking.

I chuckle bitterly and stand, I wave sarcastically and sit back down. She laughs lowly and gestures to me "oh come on don't be shy, tell us a little bit about yourself."

I groan inwardly, but because I'm not trying to get suspended on my first day I stand again and smile so wide it hurts.

And then I feel bad for being mean so I put on a genuine smile.

"My name is Bianca I'm from the east coast, New York, the rural area mostly but I loved the city, I came here to live with my aunt, yeah that's about it."

I shrug and sit back down, most of the class couldn't care less about what my name is or where I'm from.

But I guess the New York part sparked the girl in front of me's interest because shes staring at me like I'm some rare artifact and she just wants to study me.

"Thank you Bianca" she says nodding at me, then she turns to the class and smiles.

"I hope we will all do our best to make miss landson feel welcome in every way hmm?"

And the way she says it, is how I know most of this school couldn't care less that I'm here.

I open my book and flip to the page the warmup is supposed to be on when I realize the girl is still staring at me.

"Hi" I say a little more weirded out than necessary. She laughs nervously and smiles "hey, where'd you get that ring?"

I finger the ring my mother gave me for my birthday after my dad died and suddenly I feel possessive.

"It was a gift from my mom." I say trying not to sound incredibly mean but for some reason it isn't working.

What is with me today.

"Oh that's a super expensive ring, I'd know it anywhere there's this legend about it where-"

"Miss Krane?" The teacher asks and the girl turns around and acts as if the whole time she was working on her warmup.

"Mhm." The teacher whose name I still don't know until I check my schedule; Miss Leighsand, says and smiles before she goes back to what I assume is her plan for today.

I make it to my next class okay, barely making it away from the girl from my history class.

She was nice but too many friends are being made today as it is.

Finally it's time for lunch, and because Lydia told me she'd meet me at my locker for it, I'm assuming we have lunch together.

"Hey!"

Lydia pops up in front of me just as I shut my locker door "your very energetic aren't you?" I ask laughing.

She grabs my arm and leads me away, "yeah but you'll get used to it."

We get to the cafeteria and Lydia heads straight towards a table in the back. "You don't eat?" I ask and she laughs "oh no, that food isn't exactly five star, come on I want you to meet everyone."

"Everyone?"

Oh no.

She leads me to the table and immediately sits me down. All eyes are on me and I feel like I'm going to Puke.

Because no this isn't like miss leighsands class, they didn't pay attention to me!

But everyone here, especially the guy in the middle is staring at me.

Lydia doesn't sit next to me, but she rounds the table, kisses the skinny guy and wraps her arms around him.

"Bianca, this is Scott" she points to the guy sitting next to her who hasn't taken his eyes off of me since I entered the cafeteria.

"This is stiles" she gestures to the guy she just kissed. "I know, he's cute but he's mine!"

Stiles pulls her down onto his lap and she laughs.

"This is Liam" she says and points to a boy sitting beside Scott who looks really shy.

I smile and wave.

Scott's eyes are still centered on me and then he leans forward like he doesn't want anyone to hear him.

"Bite or birth?" He asks and he asks it so friendly and it's so weird that I honestly just don't know how to react.

"What? Your a-"

I look towards Liam who's a little more excited now and who was just cut off my Scott's hand.

Everyone's quiet now and then stiles speaks "well should we all get to class or do we want to make the new girls day any more awkward?"

And I decide that I like stiles.

Lydia hops up and I didn't realize how fast time had went by, apparently fourth period was about to start.

But as I start to walk out of the cafeteria doors it's not Lydia but Scott who catches up to me.

"Hey Bianca." He says stopping and pulling me into a secluded part, away from the leaving students.

"Bite or birth and are you a friend or enemy?"

"What are you talking about?"

He's really starting to freak me out.

"Look you seem harmless but I have to know, I have to keep my pack safe." He says and I remember that word, it's the same word that sheriff Riley used a couple months ago.

"Pack?"

Suddenly stiles is standing with us and he's got his arm around Scott "hey Scotty boy you know coach hates when we're late and I'm not being benched cause of you."

He smiles at me and tips an imaginary hat and pulls Scott away, who's still trying to tell me something.

"Sorry about them, boys right?" Lydia says and I stare at them as they walk away before I nod and leave myself.

"Hey there's a lacrosse game tonight you should come." Lydia says before we stop at my last class.

"Will Scott be there?"

"Why does someone have a crush?" She says smirking. "No actually I think it's the exact Opposite, I don't think he likes me very much."

She frowns "Scott?" She says "look it'll be fine, he'll be playing anyway"

"Playing?"

She laughs.

"he's the captain, seriously though I hope you come, gotta go bye!"

I walk into my fourth period and groan. "Oh no" I whisper. Scott's eyes linger on me until I find the only available seat, right in front of him.

{ Hey You Guys!!!

Please give me feedback 🐧😘}

👍