Chapter 26- I'm Sorry

(Happy New Years!! 2020.. let's start it with me finally updating.

1411 Words)

I lunged for Jungkook without thinking, my body acting on its own out of anger.

Jungkook braced himself and didn't attempt to fight back as the others rushed to pull me away from him.

Hoseok pulled me away from the others who were in shock as they helped Jungkook bam up and rushed me upstairs, locking both of us in his room.

"What the hell was that and how did you heal after that poison was in your bloodstream?!" He shouted at me.
"I don't know!" I yell back.
"Don't lie to me!"
"I'm not!"I yell, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

He growled and sat down on his bed, "they all know now.. and they'll come running up here more than likely to ask you the same shit I did.. Alexia my god.." he paced around the room, running his fingers through his hair in a true stressed fashion.

"I know! I know... it's a mess and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to my body just.. acted on it's own..my anger was just out of control.."
"The poison could have messed with your body and mind, even if you healed it can have side effects I guess. It could have effects on your entire nervous system.. I don't know if you have any left in your blood now either, it entered your blood stream but that black sludge.. I don't understand Alex.. just what in the hell are you really?" Hoseok asked, looking at me with pleading eyes as if I knew the answer to that myself.
"I wish I knew.."

"Alexia!" I heard Jimin yell through the door as the door knob wiggled frantically, but wouldn't let him in.
"Go away Jimin!" Hoseok yelled back.

It went silent for a few seconds.

Then the door flew open, the wood snapping loudly without any warning. I instinctively dropped to the floor as quick and quietly I could and hid under the bed that thankfully had a black bed skirt so that underneath you couldn't see anything under it. I stopped my breathing and listened.

"Where is she?" I heard Namjoon asked as heavy footsteps entered the room.. he sounded angry.

"I don't know. She got mad when I tried to talk to her and she ran off.. I don't know where she went.." he instantly covers for me with no hesitation.
"You wouldn't lie to me would you?" Namjoon asked.

This is it, I'm done for, he's going to end me for attacking his friend for seemingly no reason.

"Namjoon." Hoseok chuckles.
"Whatever, do you want to come help us look for her?" Namjoon asked, dropping the question.
"Yeah, lets go." Hoseok said as he stood up. The bead creaked as he stood, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

As soon as I knew they were gone I bolted outside, somehow sneaking past all the boys searching the house for me. I grabbed my keys, and ran to my car. I started it and happened to glance at an upstairs window, where I made eye contact with Namjoon who was standing beside Hoseok. His eyes flashed blue as I reversed out of the driveway and drove off.

I picked up speed and tried to drive in the most random pattern possible so that they couldn't follow me. I still got nervous at every vehicle that was the same model as one of theirs or one similar, afraid they'd find me and chase me down. I drove into an area I know they never went into and found a little coffee shop that was usually quiet. A lot of students study there, even I used to just to get away from everyone.

I entered and as soon as I walked up to the register I realized it was Kane.

"Well.. funny seeing you here considering you haven't come here in what.. two years?" He asked.
"Yeah whatever." I sigh, regretting my choice to come here.
"So what do you want?" He asked, leaning on the counter a little.
"Uhm.." I stare at the menu, and it's almost exactly the same as it used to be.

"Alexia." I heard Namjoons angry voice from behind me.
"Yes?" I asked, spinning around to face him.
"You're coming home, now." He told me as he grabbed my arm.
"Hey I wanted my Coffee!" I snap back.
"Hurry and let's go.. please." He begged, letting go.

I turned around and ordered a caramel iced coffee and glanced back at Namjoon as he walked back to his car. Through the windshield I noticed Jimin sitting in the passenger side, staring at me.
I wait patiently for my coffee, knowing my order shouldn't take them too long.

I few minutes pass and I get my order. Instead of finding a seat by the window like I had intended on doing, I made my way back to my car and follow Namjoon back home.

My phone rung as we were about half way back home so I answer without checking the ID.

"I'm sorry.. I told them where you used to hang out but I didn't think you'd actually go there." Hoseok apologized immediately.
"It's fine, I can't run forever. I at least got a coffee."
"Listen, I asked Jin to do some tests with your blood when you get back so come straight to the basement. We need to know what that's doing to your body."
"I don't think Joon is going to like that.."
"I don't care what Joon likes, we need to make sure it's not going to continue to affect you."
"Fine. I'll be there in five."
"Okay." He sighed, ending the call.

I sat my phone down and continued driving in silence, my mind racing.

Once we reached the house I jumped out of my car and sped walked into the house, completely ignoring the two behind me out of fear. I walked down to the basement where Jin had his lab set up, finding him and Hoseok inspecting the blade.

"I'm back.." I quietly make them aware of our presence.
"Good, sit down here beside me so I can get some of your blood." Jin smiled weakly at me, patting a chair beside his table.
I did as he asked and sighed as he tied my arm off.
"Don't like needles?" Jin asked with a smile, preparing the butterfly needle.
"Does anyone?" I ask sarcastically.
"At least I had a butterfly needle, you'd really be in for it if I didn't." He mumbled as he cleaned off an area and tried to find a vein with his fingers. "Damn it.."

"Can't find one?" Jimin asked.
"Nope. Which means her blood probably isn't circulating correctly."

"Oh let me see it." Hoseok grabbed the needle from Jin, his eyes turning red as he leaned down by me. "Hold your breath, you may feel a pinch.." he warned. I immediately closed my eyes right as I felt a short poke straight into the vein.
"And of course he gets it.." Jin muttered as he filled two tubes of blood before removing the needle and wrapping my arm.

"Hey.." Namjoon finally spoke up. I looked at him cautiously, afraid he would get angry and lash out. "What happened to you..?" He asked, dropping to his knees in front of me.
"W-what.. you mean..when did I-?"
"No.. what happened to telling me everything? What happened to us, Alex?" He looked me in the eyes, his dark eyes twinkling in the low light of the basement from sadness.
"When your sister saved my life and saved you a world of pain and suffering." I answered honestly. The others stood around, while Jin was testing the blood.

I barely noticed them, it almost felt as if it was just me and him in this moment.
"What does that mean?" He grabbed my hands, letting his head hang low.
"She watched me die, and she watched you go crazy. She had me.."

"Drink his blood.." Jimin cut in, piecing what I couldn't bring myself to say together.
"Yeah.. a-and I found out who I am. Who my real family was. I'm the last pureblood from my family.. and nothing can change me back.."

"I'm so sorry.." he studdenly hugged me, crying softly into my neck, so much so that you could barely tell..

"Im so.. so sorry I let this happen to us.."