Chapter 16- Birthday Dinner.

(2089 words)

  Jimin had stayed at Namjoons place, of course at Hoseoks request, but Namjoon didn't care. Hoseok really is an overprotective brother.
Namjoon drove for a good 30 minutes, entering the more populated part of the city that I tried my hardest to avoid. I never was very good with people, plus things just got more and more expensive as you get closer to the center.

"Namjoon where are we going?" I sigh.
"I told you when we left, it's a surprise."
"It's some overpriced fancy place that requires reservations isn't it?"
"Perhaps. Though I will say why else would we be dressed like this? I don't see this being the ideal McDonalds date outfit."
"Hey, I don't care what I'm wearing, I'll always eat food there."
He only shook his head, laughing as he parked the car.

He jumped out, walking over to my side and opening the door for me.
"Thank you." I smile at him as I get out.
"Of course." He shut the door behind me and lead me into the restaurant. I hadn't ate much, and it smelled like heaven here.
"Kim Namjoon." He told the lady, his arm snaking around my waist.
"Right this way." She smiled, leading us to our table.

The restaurant had a very romantic vibe to it, it wasn't very bright, everything was either red and gold or some plain dark color.

We sat down and ordered drinks, or at least Namjoon did. Champagne.

"Namjoon I can't-" I started to say as the waitress walked away.
"Shh." He chuckled, knowing what I was about to say.

I huffed and looked at the menu, but I could see Namjoon smiling at me out of the corner of my eye.

He will be the death of me.

******

"Alex! Please! I'm seriously dying here but I don't want to leave, just get your ass and Jin's down here!" RiTa yelled at me through the phone. Me and Namjoon had been on the road for about 25 minutes trying to get back to his place when she called me, going on and on about how she hurt her leg down at the drag race.

"Fine, I'll call Jin and we will be down there as soon as possible.." I finally give in, reluctantly.
"Thank you so much! See you soon!" She hung up.

I dropped my phone in my lap, closing my eyes as I let me head drop backwards in annoyance.

"You alright?" Namjoon asked.
"Yeah. Head to the drag race sight." I sigh, picking my phone back up, calling Jin.

Namjoon sighed, shaking his head.

"What's up?" Jin answers.
"So RiTa may or may not need your help.."
"Where is she?"
"She's at this drag race, she goes there every Saturday, Namjoon can stop on the way there and pick you up."
"Stop? You mean you guys are out this late at night?"
"Not the time Jin, I'll see you in a few minutes."
"Alright bye." He hung up.

"Did I agree to pick him up?" Namjoon asks, taking off his tie.
"Oh come on, we pass his place anyway."
"I know, I'm only kidding." He threw the tie in the back seat carelessly.
"Stripping?" I ask, trying to hold in a laugh as he started unbuttoning a few buttons of his white shirt.
"You wish." He laughed, putting his other hand back on the wheel.

I could now see his tattoo peaking out from the shirt, the same one I seen the first day we met.

"What is that?" I ask as I reach to move his shirt.
"Nothing important." He said, catching my hand, preventing me from touching his shirt.
"Tell me." I whine like a child.
"It's nothing." He smiles at my behavior, putting my arm back in my lap.

He parks in Jins drive way and I call Jin to tell him to come out. As it's ringing, Namjoon pulls off his jacket, "What the hell are you doing?"

"What?" I heard Jin ask over the phone.
"Sorry, talking to Namjoon, we're outside." I say as Namjoon snickers, throwing it in the back seat.
"I'm getting comfortable, does that bother you?"
"No.." I say looking elsewhere.