Chapter 38

The next day passes mostly with me and Harry cuddling in bed. I am mad at him because he made me bump my head at the side table while tickling me. And also for the clearly visible love bite.

"Come on! It's no big deal." He whines as I get out of bed.

"No, it is a big deal. I don't want everyone to know what happens between us in here." I oscillate my fingers between us.

"Everybody knows what happens between a husband and wife in a bedroom." he chuckles and I throw a cushion at him, "Please come back." he half hangs from the bed.

"You know we have been in the bed almost all afternoon, right?"

"I don't care." he pulls my t shirt.

"Styles, stop being a kid." I laugh. He pulls me on top of him and rolls in the middle of the bed.

"You should keep laughing like this. Your smile is what made me fall for you. You knew that?" he tugs a strand of hair at the back of my ear, "And you look beautiful when you smile otherwise you are an average looking girl with a too hot husband..." he mocks and I roll my eyes.

"You are so self obsessed Styles." I laugh. He laughs and nudges my neck with his nose.

"Okay! Let's talk today!" he says.

"You and talk? I thought that doesn't go hand in hand."

"Yeah, well... I can give it a try for you. But, on one condition!"

"I am not surprised." I chuckle.

"Take this off." he points at my t shirt and I laugh out and shake my head.

“Not happening, you pervert!”

He kisses my forehead and smiles back at me.

He lies on his back and I turn to my side. I cover myself with a thin blanket. My eyes cannot help but scan the Greek God in front of me. Harry is lying just in boxers. Trace his tattoos with my fingers.

"I want to know about your boyfriends. Every boy you met before me." he says.

"Uh, okay. There are not as many as your girlfriends I'm sure. My only very serious relationship was with..."

"Dylan." he completes my sentence. His cheeks are red from jealousy, "God, I hate that guy. How long were you two together?" he asks.

"It doesn't make any difference." I say.

"Answer me, please."

"Five years. He went to England and that's why we broke up. I don't believe in long distance relationships. I met you six months after we broke up. Anything else?"

"Yes, does he know everything about you?"

"No, of course not. He doesn't know that this marriage is arranged for business. He..." I think of other things that he doesn't know but nothing comes to my mind, "I think that's it." Harry is genuinely upset with this. Oh no! Now I feel guilty for saying all this. But he wanted to know!

"I'm sorry, Harry!" I whine.

I let out a nervous chuckle and turn away. This is so ridiculous! We shouldn't be talking about Dylan and I , we should talking about us!

"He knows everything about you doesn't he? From your mind to soul to body?" he says bitterly.

"Harry!" I whine, "Please don't do this to me. There is no competition. There can never be."

"Yeah of course there is no competition. He's the man you loved and I'm the man you are unwillingly stuck with for the rest of your life." His voice reflects hurt. I don't know how to prove him that I want to be with him.

"But I want to be with you now. Why are we even having this conversation?"

"I don't know. We just never did talk about us, did we? We got along and assumed that this is working. Do you even have feelings for me?"

"I have never given it a thought. Harry so much is going on with me lately that I..."

"I get that, April. I do, but do you even want to be with me?"

"I can ask the same to you!"

"Yes, I want to be with you." He caught me off guard with this. Wow. Did he just admit he has feelings for me? I remain silent for a while. My mouth is dry and I'm out of words. 'I want you to trust him, darling. He'd die but he won't break it.' Anne's words ring in my head. He does make me feel so secured and wanted.

"I want to be with you too. And not just because I have to its because I want to Harry." I say and kiss him softly. It's a loving kiss, his gentle but firm lips move against mine and my body is already on fire. I have never felt anything like this with Dylan. Yes, we were intimate but he could never get me so turned on with one kiss.

"What were your first impression of me?" I ask after we pull away.

"You were a bold girl who made a bold move of kissing a stranger who just walked in the club." he chuckles at the memory. God, so many embarrassing moments in my life I don't which one to be more ashamed about.

"But, I liked you." he smiles, "Okay, so let me tell you this thing which I have never told anyone." He turns to his side facing me. I nod excitedly. His first secret!!

"The night when we met, officially, I thought you were really beautiful. Then the next day when I was kissing Kendall my mind would wander back to you again and again." he admits and laughs at his stupidity.

"Wow!" I say. I'm truly amazed hearing this. Although I don't like Kendall's mention but still it's hard to believe that one kiss had such an impact on him.

"You are one of a kind, April." he laughs. His fingers runs along my bottom lip and his eyes scans my face, "Otherwise who would call herself a month." He laughs out loud and slap his hand away. I pout and turn my back to him. He hugs me from behind.

"Oh, you are so cute." he kisses my head.

"You aren't that bad yourself." I smile. "Harry, you are a good guy."

"Hmm?" he turns me to face him, "How can you say that?"

"What do you mean? It's not like I said something offensive to you, I was complimenting you." I shrug.

"After the way I treated you, how can you compliment me?"

"It wasn't your fault. You reacted in a way anyone would. Even I was very angry when my parents proposed this."

"Then why in the world did you say yes? April, I have watched you like a hawk and I all have noticed is that you don't care one bit about money. Then why say yes?"

I remain silent, not able to decide whether I should tell him about Robin or not? I open my mouth but then decide against it. This is so good. I feel good being with him, call me selfish but I don't want to lose this. He's all I have right now.

"I don't know, I guess we were meant to be." I say in a low voice. He smiles and nods his head.

"Let's go out." I suggest.

"Okay! I have a party tonight, you wanna join?"

"What party?"

"Liam is launching his own album." he smiles with triumph and pride.

"That's good. I'll tag along." I say.

"I'd love that."

"What time?"

"Around 8. Don't worry we have plenty of time it's only 5:30." he says and stretches his arms. We are doing things like a couple. I chuckle at the thought. He wants to be with me. I grin like a idiot as his words play in my head.